Getting MineColony to work with Technic

MaxKing

Hey, I just tried to install MineColony on top of the Technic and failed. It said it generated an error log, but I can't see it in C:UsersPCWorldAppDataRoaming.techniclauncherlogs, but is MineColony supposed to work with Technic and I'm just screwing something up, or is it incompatible?

I remember trying MineColony back in 1.1, but it took about 10 block IDs so I couldn't fit it in. I'm guessing you need to set its block IDs to something not in use. Make sure you're putting it in a 1.2.5 Tekkit unless you have a later MineColony version; as far as I can tell it was a victim of the messy 1.3 Minecraft update. It looks like its IDs might not be configurable. If so, you will need to move some existing blocks out of their IDs, but it would be best to avoid this because it would mess up any saves created with regular Technic.

@Teraku:

Well, I installed ModLoader first, as it's using that thing... But MC's files go into folders, including mods. Should I install MC without ML?

@Planetguy

I see, I'm using 1.2.5 MC, I thought Technic was the same. I don't really like ThaumCraft (only hunting wisps with musket is good) so I could perhaps use some of it's blocks for IDs?

@Teraku:

Well, I installed ModLoader first, as it's using that thing... But MC's files go into folders, including mods. Should I install MC without ML?

@Planetguy

I see, I'm using 1.2.5 MC, I thought Technic was the same. I don't really like ThaumCraft (only hunting wisps with musket is good) so I could perhaps use some of it's blocks for IDs?

Wait wait. You installed ModLoader?

Note that Technic uses Forge, and Forge has its own ModLoader which can load ModLoader mods. So unless you're "drawing" over a vanilla installation, you really don't want to add ModLoader.

Wait wait. You installed ModLoader?

Yeah, now that I think about it, I probably should have mentioned it at the beginning... I'm not a smart person...

But anyway, you mean I should just install MC skipping modloader? Well, Im gonna go try now anyway, but if I'm expected to fail... you know.

[EDIT]

Looks like it's working, thanks!