RAM in use: How much is too much?

Madlark

Hi!

Is it normal for a Tekkit Classic server with Dynmap (vlowres) and TekkitCustomizer (two WorldBans active) plugins to use up 754Mb of 1.5Gb of RAM when no players are online? World Anchors and Teleport Tethers are banned and removed from the world, but there are two 1x1 Dimensional Anchors in place, although no heavy machinery is running in those chunks, just some energy collectors/converters and a forcefield core.

The amount of RAM used seems excessive to me, any ideas what might be causing this? Turning off Dynmap frees up about 250Mb, but 500Mb is still a bit too much for an empty server, no?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Is it normal for a Tekkit Classic server with Dynmap (vlowres) and TekkitCustomizer (two WorldBans active) plugins to use up 754 of 1500Gb of RAM when no players are online?

I'm fairly sure that your server shouldn't be using over a Terabyte of RAM at any point... 3/4 of it is still pretty impressive.

On a serious note, do you have Dimensional Anchors or whatever they were called enabled? It's easy to miss one of 3 chunkloaders in the game. Try rebooting and see what you get then.

I knew there was something wrong with these numbers XD

The Dimensional Anchors are the only type of chunkloaders allowed (World Anchors and TTs are disabled and worldbanned). I already said there are two 1x1 Anchors in place. Surely they can't be the culprits?

Yes, I'm sure - they're being logged. Rebooting drops the usage down to 400-500MB (349 atm, that's a record low so far), but it climbs back up to 750-900 eventually.

Seriously though, what's considered normal RAM usage for a Tekkit Classic server?