hangs on "Connecting to the server"

Kryeiszkhazek

Question

Launcher/pack Version:5.4.9 launcher / tekkit 2.1

Operating System:XP 32bit

Version of Java:Newest jre7

Description of Problem:

cant connect to any server, it just stays on the "Connecting to the server" screen

Im not sure what I did but I havent had any problems until recently

I get full connection bars but can't actually connect

[img width=800]

[img width=800]

3 answers to this question

errors, logs, anything! I need more then "when i click play, it no work" Does it ever say "connection reset", "network connection failure", something, anything! I like that you have pictures, but it doesn't help. I need to know if your internet might be an idiot, I need to know more, can i have something else about the problem other than "it won't connect" please? It tells me nothing, and thanks for using the right report format.

errors, logs, anything! I need more then "when i click play, it no work" Does it ever say "connection reset", "network connection failure", something, anything! I like that you have pictures, but it doesn't help. I need to know if your internet might be an idiot, I need to know more, can i have something else about the problem other than "it won't connect" please? It tells me nothing, and thanks for using the right report format.

I dont want to be a jerk but I am not an idiot, I have fully and accurately described the problem

There are no error logs, I simply am unable to connect. When I try it stays at the "Connecting to the server" and stays like that. period.

If it helps

Using the vanilla launcher to connect to non-tekkit servers works fine.

Using technic to connect to non-tekkit servers works fine.

Using tekkit I can neither connect to tekkit nor non tekkit servers

Also I am unable to select the vanilla option with the launcher it says "Update failed" I don't know if other people have had that problem but i haven't looked into it because if I wanna play vanilla ill just use the vanilla launcher.

EDIT: I dont know if it matters but I tried disabling my firewall just in case that was acting up or something but still same problem

well, then i have no idea what's happening, it might be something in the code or something in the settings, I'm not sure how to fix this, because there hasn't been many cases of this, try to just delete the tekkit folder and restart and try again, i'm not sure what can be causing the problem.