What small structure can survive a Nuke

Desecration

with you inside it. I have tried a two layer thick wall of hardened glass (thermal expansion), reinforced concrete, a combination of the two, and varying structure models. Most of the time, the entire structure is left unharmed past the first layer, but I still die inside the core of it. I'm not sure if there is a minimum kill range the nuke "penetrates" walls without causing any damage, or maybe if the server is lagging and not stopping the nuke.

Here's a 2-D view of what I'm talking about:

Side

C C C C C

C C P C C

C C P C C

C C C C C

with C being reinforced concrete and P being the player. The first outer layer of concrete may suffer some damage, but the inner wall always holds up even with the 1 layer thick floor/ceiling.

You would be correct in thinking that. 2 layers of either will keep the inner/outer most layer intact (depending on whether you're containing an explosion or protecting from one) Explosion damage can and will travel through diagonal blocks, and if you only have one level thick on the bottom and the top (looking at your diagram), I would suggest that, that probably is the reason.