[Solved]Custom modpack ZIP URL not persistant, clears every time the launcher is started

Wolvenmoon

Question

Launcher Version: 1.1.2.0

Operating System: Multiple

Java Version: Multiple

Antivirus Program: Multiple

Description of Problem:

Solution: I did something stupid and included the launcher.properties file in my modpack. Everything was behaving as it should have. Do NOT include a launcher.properties file with your modpack!

Using Custom Pack 1 (blue smiling box icon) as the modpack, when I or my players set a custom zip location, the custom zip will download, extract, and things will play normally. However, after exiting the game, the next time any of us try to play, the custom pack appears to reset itself.

Players are forced to put the custom zip location in again, manually, and redownload the mod before they can play again. Else they end up with a vanilla Minecraft install and errors about the Forge Mod Loader when they try to join my server. Failing to specify the Custom ZIP path every time the launcher launches results in the vanilla files being downloaded (I think, this is what it looks like). However, preferences and modpacks are not erased.

This has happened with multiple users including myself. I can't speak for all of my users, but I'm running Windows 7 x64 with the latest version of Java and Comodo Internet Security.

If this is not a bug, what do I/my users need to do to keep the custom ZIP location set persistently?

Edit: Another user is reporting this same issue, I'm linking to his thread here in case one or the other of us gets a solution/for the benefit of future Googlers: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/i-need-custom-modpack-assistance-please.37649/

Error Messages:

Error Log:

1 answer to this question