Changing a modpack's basemod?

Fnark

EDIT: This isn't a thing yet.

the file does come from elsewhere I believe. it's downloaded from the technic file mirror along with the mods and all that. I think you may be pleased with what is coming in the next few weeks on this front. right now though, it's not configurable really.

Hello, beautiful people!

tl;dr: Is there any way to make a custom modpack update itself off of a modpack's rec/dev builds, rather than the vanilla Minecraft builds? Changing things in .techniclauncher/launcher/custom#/modpack.yml doesn't work.

technically legible; don't read:

I'm trying to set up a custom pack based off of an existing modpack without overwriting the original modpack (mainly so I can have all the mods from Tekkit Lite for SSP, and play on standard Tekkit Lite servers). Obviously I can copy the relevant folders from Tekkit Lite and add them to the custom zip, but it seems like there should be a lazier option.

I was poking around in .techniclauncer, and eventually modpack.yml, while fucking up at custom zip.

//In a custom pack or Vanilla:

builds:

1.4.7:

libraries:

minecraft: 1.4.7

mods:

basemods: vanilla-v1.4.5

//In Tekkit Lite:

builds:

0.5.7:

minecraft: 1.4.7

forge: 517

mods:

basemods: tekkitlite-v0.5.6

[fucktons of mods]

It seems like there should be someway to change the mods or basemods tags on a custom pack to make it stay up to date with Tekkit lite. I tried just copying one copy of the file on top of another, but the original just reasserts itself. That sort of implies a pack's launcher data is coming from somewhere external, but a) it seems weird for that to not be configurable, and B) I can't find a file for it.

Searching for this on the forums doesn't work very well, since "basemods" is a keyword in a lot of crash dumps.

Can I actually do this? Should I actually do this?

Thanks for the help!

the file does come from elsewhere I believe. it's downloaded from the technic file mirror along with the mods and all that. I think you may be pleased with what is coming in the next few weeks on this front. right now though, it's not configurable really.

Ah, okay. I'd heard there was going to be an update to the launcher, it's cool something like this'll be in it. Is anything specific public yet, or should I just wait my damn turn?

Thanks again1

tbh I have little insider knowledge on the front. the most that I know for sure is that it will look amazing. outside of that, I have little hard info for you.