Nuclear Reactor ---> MFSU issues

Hi,

I'm brand new to the forums and Tekkit, I have been looking at videos on youtube and playing around with creative mode. I have got a nuclear reactor that is operational (got the sensors on / information screens etc) however no matter how i connect the insulated HV cable from the reactor to the HV transformer then the MFSU it will simply not charge the MFSU.

Anyone had this issue before, i do have a screenshot of it that ill try and upload.

Seems i cannot attach the pic at the mo. Reactor is powered by an and relay circuit, like the one in the link below.

Look forward to your replies.

Vengeance

Make sure the cables aren't too long, HV cables lose a LOT of energy over distance. I would reccomend using diamond fibre cables instead if you have enough diamond (Well, when in survival, it doesn't matter right now since you are in creative), as they have almost no energy loss over distance.

Thanks for the reply. My HV cables are only 6 blocks long maximum so didn't think I'd loose much over that distance. I'll try again in the morning it's 4.07 am here and after playing with it for the last few hours I've decided sleeps a better idea :).

Is there any chance that because I only have 1 reactor not 5 like the video that the power is simply too weak?

I've also wikied the transformer and its definitely the 3 marked side that's facing the reactor output and the single that goes to the MFSU.

To find the diamond calbes, try pressing "U" while hovering over diamond to see all of the uses for it. As for the EU, that is too high, max EU a MFSU can take without going KABOOM is 512 EU a tick IIRC. I am not sure what could be going wrong, could you post some screenshots or a save, so I can see what is happening?

Ok. How to set up mfsu's to a reactor without set up a transformer, well you take like 4 mfsu's hook it up to a 4x hv cable. and then hook the cable to the reactor. IN THAT ORDER. don't put the wire and try to set up the mfsu's. they will just go KABOOM. if ya want help I can help. I'm really good wit tekkit. still learning lite tho XD

By the way. I have 1 set up on my world. it has like 14-18 quad uranium cells and it don't go above 1 heat. I have it cooled perfectly. I could probably get more if I tinkered with it. but My point is I have all that going on and I am using straight mfsu's :D (a lot better power output then hv transformer. if you would like a picture of it. I will send it. thanks. Have a nice day. hope this helped :D