[0.5.7]CasualTekkitLite[PvP][Whitelist][5 slots]

Joshua Holley

--Please read the whole post to avoid confusion--

Hey guys, didn't expect my server to become so popular, so I decided that I'm going to make the server public-ish. Here's the deal. I've been getting a lot of lag complaints, and while this is understandable, I expressly wrote in my previous thread that my server was hosted on my own computer with a poor internet connection. But lately, I've been lagging on my OWN server, using localhost as my address. Obviously it has something to do with my computer's performance, as it's running a server, AND my tekkitlite client at the same time. All 4GB of my RAM was eaten up.

So I sought to eliminate the problem--and here's my solution. I will no longer host the server on my own computer, but rather, I will pay a service to host the server for me so I don't have to worry about my computer's performance and overheating. This will eliminate lag (hopefully) as well. To ensure this, I'm still keeping the player count at 5 at a time until further notice. I may increase the player count in the future. But I'm keeping it low for now to keep the server feeling "private". You still need to be whitelisted to join, so post here if you want to join. Note that the IP Adress below is subject to change within this next week. As I said before, I'm switching the host, which means the server will have a new IP address. Now that that's out of the way, there are a couple of guidelines I would like the players to follow.

-Absolutely NO griefing. This includes building in areas that are obviously owned by someone else. Expect to be insta-banned when caught. Remember, you WILL be caught.

-Please do not steal from chests or furnaces or any other machinery.

-Please do not use machinery that you don't own without the owner's permission. Machines need energy. Don't waste their energy.

-No unnecessary killing of other players. I know it's PvP, but please respect each other.

-Please do not ask for op permissions. You will not get them. You will be warned once and only once.

-Please keep swearing and profanity to a minimum. I'll allow it, but remember that children as young as 10 are logging on.

-Sexual remarks are not welcome in public chat. If you must be "sexual", use the /tell command.

-Spammers are prohibited. Do not flood the chatbox. And no racial/religious/other defamatory speech amongst each other. It is very unethical to slander one's race/religion/etc in front of the public. You will be warned once and only once.

-Obviously, blatantly disrespecting the admin will get you banned pretty quick.

-Please do not advertise other servers in the chatbox. IP-signs are fine, but only as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

-Accidents happen. You will not be banned/kicked/etc. if you can prove that it was indeed an accident. It works the other way around too. If the other player proves it was intentional, you may still be punished in some way, depending on the severity of the rule broken. "Witnesses" are not valid in the world of minecraft. Do not rely on your friends to back you up, as their input will not be considered. If neither party can prove anything, and neither can the admin, then the issue is left "as-is", with no punishment given. (Not trying to sound like a judge or anything lol, just trying to be fair.)

It's not as bad as it sounds. I'm actually really laid back about this stuff, so don't expect to be banned anytime soon unless you're griefing. That's pretty much it. For those who have been whitelisted, have fun! And Thank you for reading the whole post.

IP Address: 64.89.219.58

Me and a friend of mine would love to join.

Minecraft names: Short_Guy_LaUgH & Ghostmanryan Wonderful names right? Haha.

Real Names: Michael & Ryan

Reason we want to join? We enjoy small server we had a server we called home but sadly it was shut down. We have a company to make thing more awesome! Haha, we would love to start creating a factory on your server!

Ages: 15 & 14

Thanks for your time! Any questions just inbox me!

--Please read the whole post to avoid confusion--

Hey guys, didn't expect my server to become so popular, so I decided that I'm going to make the server public-ish. Here's the deal. I've been getting a lot of lag complaints, and while this is understandable, I expressly wrote in my previous thread that my server was hosted on my own computer with a poor internet connection. But lately, I've been lagging on my OWN server, using localhost as my address. Obviously it has something to do with my computer's performance, as it's running a server, AND my tekkitlite client at the same time. All 4GB of my RAM was eaten up.

So I sought to eliminate the problem--and here's my solution. I will no longer host the server on my own computer, but rather, I will pay a service to host the server for me so I don't have to worry about my computer's performance and overheating. This will eliminate lag (hopefully) as well. To ensure this, I'm still keeping the player count at 5 at a time until further notice. I may increase the player count in the future. But I'm keeping it low for now to keep the server feeling "private". You still need to be whitelisted to join, so post here if you want to join. Note that the IP Adress below is subject to change within this next week. As I said before, I'm switching the host, which means the server will have a new IP address. Now that that's out of the way, there are a couple of guidelines I would like the players to follow.

-Absolutely NO griefing. This includes building in areas that are obviously owned by someone else. Expect to be insta-banned when caught. Remember, you WILL be caught.

-Please do not steal from chests or furnaces or any other machinery.

-Please do not use machinery that you don't own without the owner's permission. Machines need energy. Don't waste their energy.

-No unnecessary killing of other players. I know it's PvP, but please respect each other.

-Please do not ask for op permissions. You will not get them. You will be warned once and only once.

-Please keep swearing and profanity to a minimum. I'll allow it, but remember that children as young as 10 are logging on.

-Sexual remarks are not welcome in public chat. If you must be "sexual", use the /tell command.

-Spammers are prohibited. Do not flood the chatbox. And no racial/religious/other defamatory speech amongst each other. It is very unethical to slander one's race/religion/etc in front of the public. You will be warned once and only once.

-Obviously, blatantly disrespecting the admin will get you banned pretty quick.

-Please do not advertise other servers in the chatbox. IP-signs are fine, but only as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

-Accidents happen. You will not be banned/kicked/etc. if you can prove that it was indeed an accident. It works the other way around too. If the other player proves it was intentional, you may still be punished in some way, depending on the severity of the rule broken. "Witnesses" are not valid in the world of minecraft. Do not rely on your friends to back you up, as their input will not be considered. If neither party can prove anything, and neither can the admin, then the issue is left "as-is", with no punishment given. (Not trying to sound like a judge or anything lol, just trying to be fair.)

It's not as bad as it sounds. I'm actually really laid back about this stuff, so don't expect to be banned anytime soon unless you're griefing. That's pretty much it. For those who have been whitelisted, have fun! And Thank you for reading the whole post.

IP Address: 64.89.219.58

• 1 month later...

Hey! I would really like to join this server! Please whitelist me, I am 22 and have been mod on 1 other server. Also I am very, very experianced with tekkit lite, and also i hope Mystcraft is disabled, as it can cause huge lag problems loading multiple worlds. Also worlds can become corrupted. Also some input, if your new to hosting, I recomend disabling Myst, maybe getting some chest protection? I would LOVE it if you did backups maybe every 4 hours and daily restarts? Tekkit can corrupt worlds so they may have to be reset... dont want that. Please accept me, would love to join

IGN: TheCupcakeisaLie

wow holly thread ressurection

server is now 6.01

has auto backup script running and also i download a copy of world daily

it has grief prevention plugin added, mystcraft isnt disabled but restricted to admins

server has 2 myscraft worlds made for minning which can be accessed through /warp shop

server also has a shop that uses rubies as currencey

its restarted every morning mountain time

also nukes,minning laser, power tool are disabled

TheCupcakeisaLie added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...