Fusion Reactor drawing more power than it produces?

kuchrk24

Hello.

I am new to Voltz and I have just been playing around with the mod in creative mode. I recently have been trying to build a fusion reactor by following the design in the tutorials posted by TacticalLion, and from a video of the official Voltz wiki. However, when I build the reactor, it seems to be drawing more energy that it is producing.

I am not sure if there is something that I am doing wrong, if there was a change in the way that the reactor needs to be built, or if it is a bug. Any help would be appreciated.

I can post picture of what I have built if needed, but it is basically the same as TacticalLion's setup.

Thanks.

I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried both TacticalLion's and my own designs, but none of them generate more energy than they take to run. Has there been some change to fusion reactors that make them less effective? If so, how are you supposed to generate energy with them?

Add my name to the list of confused people on this subject. Using the TacticalLion tutorial I also built a fusion reactor and it was my understanding that once you gave it the initial jolt of power to get it going that you could have it power itself as it would output more power than it used to keep it going. This appears to not be the case however. When hooked to a battery box it would charge one "tick" (not the MineCraft measurement mind you, just my term for watching the battery charge) and then discharge two for a net loss of power. When I unhook it from it's own power and power it via other means (like solar attached to another bat box) it does indeed make a great amount of power, enough to fill four advanced and upgraded battery boxes that each hold 8 KJ of power in no time. Certainly this is enough to power itself but as soon as it is hooked back up to power itself things go south. This seems like a bug since I have seen several other video that show the fusion reactor powering itself and outputting loads of energy as long as it is fed a supply of deuterium. Any ideas?

I too was having this problem. I now have a self-sufficient solar power system to feed the reactor. What I'm wondering is how long the Deuterium lasts, lets say one stack. I had the server on overnight (with an anchor, of course) and the reactor was still running in the morning. But when it did run out (like a minute after I joined the server) I re-fueled it with a stack of deuterium and it lasted about 22 seconds. Could somebody who knows the answer to this please answer?

• 3 weeks later...

You actually dont even need batery boxes (even though it is preferable). the reason why your reactor is using more power than it creates is because the turbines are not up to speed. That means just to start it up, you need lots of power for about 30s-40s and then its self sustaining. The battery boxes keep a charge in case the reactor shut down to power it back up when you connect it and the turbines are not up to speed