Invite/join lokal server

Hi there. hope somebody can help me. I have made a lokal tekkit server, and i want to invite some friends to join. But i dont know how? I can join my ovn server, i have called it 127.0.0.1 how do i send invites to my friends? i want to play over the internet, and not on local net. How can i set it up, with a password? Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

frederikpaz

With a server running, you would have to forward your ports. You can find a guide for it on portforward.com. That'll require the admin password for your router. Once you've done that, you need to give them your IP address. You can find that at whatismyip.com. They should enter it in this format - IP:Port. If you've forwarded your ports correctly, they should be able to join.

Hi again. Thanks for Your answar. I have open my ports. How can i invite them to connect with me? I have given them my ip xx.xxx.xxx.xx:25565 What will i have to call my server? and how will they find it? Hope someone can help me? Thanks.

You don't have to call it anything. They go to multiplayer, click Join Server, they can name it whatever they want, as only they will see what they name it. The only thing they need to have is the ip:port. They could even use direct connect if they wanted, but that doesn't save the information.