Water Bucket Magic

Kadaan

Question

Title: Water Bucket Magic

Version: 0.5.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_13

Description of Problem:

With the water bucket in hand right clicking fills it, from anywhere. Right clicking also dumps it when full and it puts the block of water but then disappears almost the instant it comes into existence.

Running this on a default tekkit lite server.

When i ran the Tekkit Lite single player I did not have this issue, only when using the server.

Running 0.5.7 Server

Error Messages:

No Error Message.

Error Log:

I don't know how to find this.

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure about the 'filling out of thin air' part, but I've experienced the dump/disappear part before while playing on a server, I think. It mostly seems to happen for me when I try to manually fill a bunch of buckets quickly. For some reason, I guess the server must not be able to separate all the clicks adequately, so I will get all of my buckets 'filled.' I go to use one, and it yells PSYCH and is just empty with nothing. I look in my inventory and find that only half of the buckets were actually filled, the other half now magically being on my hotbar and empty.

I guess all this hot air is just saying that it might be troubles with the communication between your client and server. I don't really know that this helps at all, but maybe it might :)

I seem to have experienced a similar problem, but in my case it was on a single player server. I attempted to dump liquids into the bottom of a tank via bucket; the tank appeared to fill, but my bucket was not emptied. Doing this repeatedly seemed to fill the tank to a higher level. However, this was an illusion; logging out and back in revealed that there were no liquids in the tank. I did this with three different tanks, one with lava, one with water, and one with oil. All yielded the same result.