Magician's cookbook pack

M-C

So... I've made a magic pack (1.4.7) and Niavmai's uploaded it to the platform for me (thanks Niavmai!) If anyone wants to play with it or test it, here's the platform url:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/m-cs-pack.50

The pack isn't open to public yet, so you'll only be able to get to it through that link. Scrap that, it's open to public now!

The official forums for the pack:

http://magecookbook.enjin.com/forum/m/11735761/post/last

Mods it currently includes are:

- Ars Magica (Mithion)

- Thaumcraft 3 (Azanor)

- Magecraft (Greenwolf13)

- NEI (Chickenbones)

- Battle Towers (Atomicstryker)

- Damageindicators (rich1051414)

- Runic Dust (billythegoat101)

- Enderstorage (Chickenbones)

- Mystcraft (XCompWiz)

- Xeno's Reliquary (x3n0ph0b3)

- Twilight Forest (Benimatic)

- LegendGear (NMcCoy)

- Minions Mod (AtomicStryker)

- More Bows (iDiamondhunter)

- Custom LAN (CptHunter)

- Dragon Mounts (BarracudaATA)

- Particle Decoration (SanAndreasP)

Bugs:

- None found so far.

Todo:

Background/Better logo

Thank you list:

- Niavmai for uploading the pack to the Technic platform for me with his account. (Before I got one.)

- sct for the beta key

- The many helpful people on the irc!

Installation:

1. Get the Techniclauncher 2.0

2. Press add new pack

3. Enter the url you can find on the page above into the blank area

Planned mods:

- *insert endgame mod here*

If you have any bugs to report or any suggestions for mods feel free to post them.

EDIT: I've got my own platform account now, the link hasn't changed though.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great modpack! How were you able to make this though?

Thank you! There's a good explanation on the front page of the website. I'm not sure if this thread belongs here: I posted it when the platform was still in beta.

Thank you! There's a good explanation on the front page of the website. I'm not sure if this thread belongs here: I posted it when the platform was still in beta.

Really? I'm unable to find any directions. I'm probably blind. Can you tell me how I can make a modpack?

Really? I'm unable to find any directions. I'm probably blind. Can you tell me how I can make a modpack?

You create the folders config, mods, coremods and bin and put everything in the folder it's supposed to go, in the bin file should be a modpack.jar with forge in it. If you want anything like a texturepack just create a folder matching the name of the existing texturepacks folder, and put your tpack in there. Then zip everything, upload it to a website like dropbox, upload the modpack onto the platform (remember to turn www.dropbox into dl.dropbox), and you're done.

You create the folders config, mods, coremods and bin and put everything in the folder it's supposed to go, in the bin file should be a modpack.jar with forge in it. If you want anything like a texturepack just create a folder matching the name of the existing texturepacks folder, and put your tpack in there. Then zip everything, upload it to a website like dropbox, upload the modpack onto the platform (remember to turn www.dropbox into dl.dropbox), and you're done.

Oh I know how to do that. But how can I upload my modpack to the platform? Do I just put the link in the description?

Oh I know how to do that. But how can I upload my modpack to the platform? Do I just put the link in the description?

It'll ask you for a url, put the dropbox url in there

Hey, sorry gotta close your thread. If your pack is for a server you can post that server in the platform servers section, but no threads for just packs. That is what the platform is for. Like a billion people rushed it and are using it now so the forums can't handle private pack threads.