Updating server mods.

Swainoo

So I was prompted for the Voltz update on my tekkit launcher. Obviously the mods on my server were out of date. Now I don't know if this is the proper way to update my server, so what I did was one by one copy the mods from .tekkitlaunhcer/voltz/mods, into my server mods folder.

All of them were fine apart from; AssemblyLine_v0.2.7.82, AtomicScience_v0.3.8.154 and BasicComponents_v1.2.6.339.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// This doesn't make any sense!

Time: 19/02/13 20:41

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.ClassCastException: icbm.zhapin.cart.ItChe cannot be cast to universalelectricity.core.implement.IItemElectric

at universalelectricity.prefab.ItemElectric.getWithCharge(ItemElectric.java:170)

at universalelectricity.prefab.ItemElectric.getUncharged(ItemElectric.java:164)

at atomicscience.common.ZhuYao.load(ZhuYao.java:437)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:676)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:94)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:356)

at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:135)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)

at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.4.7

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.6.0_34, Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

Memory: 789394712 bytes (752 MB) / 1029046272 bytes (981 MB) up to 2863333376 bytes (2730 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx3G -Xms1G

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v7.26a FML v4.7.32.553 Minecraft Forge 6.6.1.524 20 mods loaded, 20 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

BasicComponents [basic Components] (BasicComponents.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

AssemblyLine [Assembly Line] (AssemblyLine.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

AtomicScience [Atomic Science] (AtomicScience.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored

BlastCraft [blastCraft] (Blastcraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

ElectricExpansion [Electric Expansion] (ElectricExpansion.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

LiquidMechanics [LiquidMechanics] (Fluid-Mechanics.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

ICBM|Contraption [iCBM|Contraption] (ICBM_Contraption.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

ICBM|Sentry [iCBM|Sentry] (ICBM_Sentry.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

ICBM|Explosion [iCBM|Explosion] (ICBM_Explosion.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

Mekanism [Mekanism] (Mekanism.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

MekanismGenerators [MekanismGenerators] (MekanismGenerators.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

MekanismTools [MekanismTools] (MekanismTools.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

ModularForceFieldSystem [Modular ForceField System V2] (ModularForceFieldSystem.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

mmmPowersuits [MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits] (ModularPowersuits.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'forge,fml'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Am I missing something, is there a proper way to update the mods? I thought that downloading the server again from http://www.technicpack.net/voltz/ would install all the latest mods and I could just copy my world over but nope, it installs really old mods :/ Is there a link to the latest server?

It is because when you drag and drop the new server files into the folder, you will end op with 2 different versions of the same mod...

A quick fix will be to delete the mod folder and replace it with the new mod folder from the updated serverfiles.

Best of luck =)

Sorry should of mentioned the obvious :) Of course I deleted the old ones.

I found out the issue, i'll say what is it incase anyone needs to find an answer.

As per the bit of code a pasted, icbm was the root cause of the issue. So I went into the Config folder, into the universal electricity folder and deleted the icmb.cfg file. Server started up as normal. So if you are getting crashes after updating, look at the root case which in this case was

java.lang.ClassCastException: icbm.zhapin.cart.ItChe cannot be cast to universalelectricity.core.implement.IItemElectric

and delete the appropriate file.

Then I encountered another issue when attempting to connect to my server, I was getting world ID mismatches and missing ID's. That was pretty simple, just open the appropriate .cfg file from your server files along with the same .cfg file from your .tekkitlauncher/voltz/config folder on your PC and make sure you amend/add the ID's that are wrong/missing into your SERVER cfg file.

Long story short, this all would be avoided if the Voltz page was better kept up to date, this includes having the latest Server available for download.

I was trying to update the mods on a test server and this is what I got, its not the same error as you but I'm lost

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Don't do that.

Time: 2/20/13 9:38 AM

Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:238)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:461)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:345)

at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)

at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.4.7

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 760545280 bytes (725 MB) / 1029046272 bytes (981 MB) up to 2863333376 bytes (2730 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx3G -Xms1G

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v7.26 FML v4.7.4.520 Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 18 mods loaded, 18 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded

CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded

NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded

AssemblyLine [Assembly Line] (AssemblyLine_v0.2.4.62.jar) Unloaded

AtomicScience [Atomic Science] (AtomicScience_v0.3.8.154.jar) Unloaded

BasicComponents [basic Components] (BasicComponents_v1.2.6.339.jar) Unloaded

BlastCraft [blastCraft] (BlastCraft_v0.6.1.25.jar) Unloaded

ElectricExpansion [Electric Expansion] (ElectricExpansion_v1.4.6.jar) Unloaded

Liquid Mechanics [Liquid Mechanics] (Fluid-Mechanics_v0.2.6.14.jar) Unloaded

ICBM [iCBM] (ICBM_v1.0.3.129.jar) Unloaded

Mekanism [Mekanism] (Mekanism-v5.2.0.jar) Unloaded

MekanismGenerators [MekanismGenerators] (MekanismGenerators-v5.2.0.jar) Unloaded

MekanismTools [MekanismTools] (MekanismTools-v5.2.0.jar) Unloaded

ModularForceFieldSystem [Modular ForceField System V2] (ModularForceFieldSystemV2.2.8.3.6.zip) Unloaded

mmmPowersuits [MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits] (ModularPowersuits-0.2.0-23.jar) Unloaded

Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_1.4.7-6.15.3.0.jar) Unloaded

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml'

Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)