Not taking fall damage (0.5.9)

CyberWolf

Question

Title: Not taking fall damage (0.5.9)

Version: 0.5.1

Java Version: Java 7 update 15

Description of Problem:

I've noticed that I'm not taking fall damage when falling from any height. It is random though. some times I will take damage and other times I won't, I even tried jumping from the cloud layer to 50 blocks below and did not take even half heart of damage.

I am not wearing any armor what so ever, and my inventory only has dirt (to build the jumping platform)

This is happening in 0.5.9 however the Version drop down list did not have that option for me to choose. (Excuse me if I'm being stupid and missing something very obvious)

Error Messages:

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. I have yet to see any solutions or causes in the forums or anywhere on google. I wish I knew when it started happening, I just know I can't take any damage whatsoever from falling. Armor or not. I recently went to the Nether, built solar panels, turned on fly mode briefly to go look at my solar panels on a hill, but I deactivated it. I can't remember if it started happening before I used fly mode or not, but any light shed on this topic would be great.

Just tried it, "The fly command does not work while you are in Creative mode". Tried enabling/disabling while switching between creative and back, still no luck. Falling from a long distance and living, then having to off myself manually just isn't the same :/