Voltz Zurvival Tower

triskellion_san

Currently I am working on creating a survival games esque PvP map. Of course the catch is that it is all based off of Voltz and its mods. And it will be a smaller map than most of the traditional survival maps due to the size and experience of the team behind it (I am the only person on my team).

============================

Current Progress: 80% complete.

Objectives: [x] = Completed

[ ] Complete this list.

[ ] Finish formatting this thread.

[x] Design tower skeleton.

[x] Light and design walls and floors.

[x] Create Lobby and Host House.

[x] Create Start.

[x] Simplify House House.

[x] Set up the Host's command blocks.

[x] Connect Start and Host House with Redstone.

[x] Tidy up Host House again.

[x] Prep Lava Ceiling.

[x] Finish Lava Ceiling.

[x] Design TPing "Elevator" System.

[x] Finish "Elevator" System.

[x] Plan the themes for each floor (0-8)

[x] B1: Lobby.

[x] F1: Start.

[x] F2: Forcefields.

[x] F3: Armory and Assembly Lines.

[x] F4: Camouflage.

[x] F5: Spikes and Barbed wire.

[x] F6: Drills and Minecarts.

[x] F7: Chemical Warfare.

[x] F8: Railgun and the Lava Ceiling.

[x] Griefproof Host House.

[ ] Fill Chests.

[x] Make Power Armor OPTIONAL!

[ ] Playtest it a bit.

[x] Fix broken textures after my Minecraft client went and crashed.

[ ] Outline rules for Host and Contestants.

The purpose of this post is to put the idea out here (although not all of it) to see what kinds of reactions it will get. At the same time, I would not post this if the end was not in sight. I currently have no plans of hosting this map on a public server, but when it is finally finished and playtested, I would like to know how to make it available for download.

Here are some screencaps:

2013-03-02_025906_zpse27c4543.png

2013-02-28_142607_zpsc146323a.png

2013-02-28_144209_zps0764c57a.png

2013-03-02_191735_zpsa038ee6b.png

2013-03-02_024933_zps450e6ca1.png

2013-03-12_161819_zpsbed14c94.png

2013-03-12_161845_zps2682d5dc.png

2013-03-12_161905_zps14bc747a.png

2013-03-12_170849_zps16d3094d.png

Please, ask questions, make comments/criticisms, and be sure to understand that this will be updated in the near future.

Finally, I've updated with some pictures. Now it's happening.

((Should this thread be moved to the "Get Lost Grotto" Subforum? If so, I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong place.))

Also, I have for the most part finished Floor 2, there was a lot of trial and error with the forcefields, so it took me longer than expected. Currently I'm working on the elevator system which is half done. Then I'll build each floor in turn.

And if you know how to thumbnail or put spoilertags on pictures, I would love to scale my pics down for easy viewing.

((Should this thread be moved to the "Get Lost Grotto" Subforum? If so, I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong place.))

Put "Please move this" in the title and a mod will probably move it for you without any trouble.

On topic: This looks and sounds like a great project! keep up the good work man!

Right... So did what you said... No action seems to have been taken...

:\

Just now I finished the fifth floor! Huge accomplishment, so I'm bumping this back to the first page...

Plus, new pictures! :{)

The whole reason I posted this here is to get it noticed, for that reason I've also posted a copy of it at other places. And because there has been so few views on the page...

:/

Thanks man, I just had to fix my Blastcraft textures after they broke when my Minecraft Client crashed... So you just helped me get back into a good mood.

And just so you know. I will be taking a break from this project for about a week because of some other projects that I have been putting off that are rather more important and urgent than this.

Right... So did what you said... No action seems to have been taken...

For future reference, reporting a thread gets more attention for it than renaming it. It also makes it so we don't have to rename it back when it gets moved.

• 2 weeks later...

New Update!

So I've finished designing all eight floors. Although the eighth floor is not fully finished - I need to test out the railgun - the map should be playtested by the end of the week.

And thanks Torezu, it's been a while since I've been familiar with the workings of forums.