Tekkit 2.0.0

I'm looking for some help here.

I was trying to look at Tekkit 2.0.0 (through the old launcher) for old time's sake and for Forestry, so I deleted the contents of my tekkit folder AND cleared the cache and then did manual build selection, selected 2.0.0 and got it to update.

Just when it gets to 100% (but doesn't actually show it, shows 99%) of downloading the minecraft.jar, a dialog box pops up and says "Update Failed". Any ideas/help?

Thanks in advance

I'm looking for some help here.

I was trying to look at Tekkit 2.0.0 (through the old launcher) for old time's sake and for Forestry, so I deleted the contents of my tekkit folder AND cleared the cache and then did manual build selection, selected 2.0.0 and got it to update.

Just when it gets to 100% (but doesn't actually show it, shows 99%) of downloading the minecraft.jar, a dialog box pops up and says "Update Failed". Any ideas/help?

Thanks in advance

I've had a similar problem I honestly have no idea how to fix it but try re downloading the launcher itself

Usually, "Update Failed" means your antivirus or something blocked the download, though I'm not sure if that would apply to an older version.

Yes using such anti-viruses as AVG block downloads from technic and minecraft.net try turning it off and downloading the back then enabling your antivirus again