Computer Craft program isn't working

mocap

Ok I am trying to get this program working in computer craft but when I open up a computer in the example world or a computer I tried to make I get a message that says:

Settings loaded

rednet:57: No open sides

Command: (The cursor is under the C)

If I try to type in a command it just says: program not found

What am I doing wrong?

It still says program not found if I type in, for example, shell.run ("ElevatorControlMotor") and if I reboot the computer it loses that rednet.open command so I have to retype it every time it reboots.

Use a startup command for that.

As for the program not found, that usually means that the program doesn't exist. Check the spelling and that you actually have a program called that.

If I type programs it shows them in the list but trying to do anything else with them doesn't work. I might have installed it wrong but the only difference is that my computercraft is in a Zip file while the instructions show it in a folder so I don't know why isn't working.

Author of that program, chiming in (a bit late). I will be glad to add some more diagnostics and error checking in the next release to catch for troubles like this. What ended up being the fix in your scenario?

(Main goal of the next release is to also make it user installable via pastebin.)

Turns out it was the computers in tutorial, I had to destroy them and reprogram them to get it to work but then I had no problems. When I looked at my own computer tests I spelled something wrong (I am horrible at spelling)

• 2 weeks later...

A week or so later, I did find there is a bug or documentation error in computercraft that leads to the rednet error. Here's the easy fix for anyone already having it.

If you can, head into your \tekkit\mods\ComputerCraft\lua\rom\apis folder and pop open ECAPI.

Jump to the very end, third function from the bottom is "function openModem(whichSide)". Locate: "rednet.isOpen(whichSide) == nil"

Change the nil to false. Save, reboot your computers. All should be well. This fix will definitely be in the next release.