PLEASE HELP!!!! TECHNIC LAUNCHER PLATFORM PROBLEM!!!!

DrummerBoy8

Hi I,m having a problem with my technic platform launcher and as far as I know it seems to be a fairly new problem considering I have tried to search it and have found nothing. So, here it is..... Basically when I start up the launcher, it starts up fine but the modpacks on the left don't show up. So like Voltz, technic lite, and all the others are all not there. The boxes are there where the mods should be, but they all just say "add new modpack" Also I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem but I'm running on Windows 8, 64 bit computer (with 64 bit java installed). Also I'm connected to the internet so the mods should be able to download, but it doesnt work.

It's not just extra modpacks the people made, its the default stuff that comes with the launcher too. none of it shows up. all the boxes say "add modpack" there's absolutely no modpacks installed what so ever. I think it might be that solder thing but i have no idea what the solder thing even is....

Here's a error thing I get that I think may have something to do with it. There's more to it but I think this is whats wrong, whatever this even means:

SEVERE: Unable to connect to the Rest API at http://solder.technicpack.net/api/ Running Offline instead.

You only need to care about solder if you're creating your own pack. The error message you got indicates that you couldn't contact the technic servers and thus couldn't download any mods, nor even the list of what mods were available. The problem was wither with your internet or the technic servers.