Launcher: Update Failed

Reznoriam

Question

Launcher Version: 1.1.2.0

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Java Version: 1.7.0_17

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

After clearing my cache whenever I try to download and install version 0.5.7 of Tekkit Lite I receive an update failed message. According to the error log there is an MD5 mismatch while downloading 'basemods-tekkitlite-v0.5.6.zip' leading me to believe that a version file pointer on the server side may be directing the launcher to the wrong file.

I attempted to download the most recent launcher from the website and doing a fresh installation thinking that the launcher version might be conflicting with the most recent server code, however i received a message along the lines of failed to get version information.

I tried the same launcher again a little bit later, and it appears to be working fine. I have no insight as to the root cause of the problem, however it's currently working.

Error Messages:

Update Failed

Error Log:

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]	java.io.IOException: Failed to download minecraft

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:54)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.GameUpdater.updateMC(GameUpdater.java:124)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:826)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:808)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

[14:55:36] [sEVERE]		at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[14:57:14] [sEVERE]	\tekkitlite\bin does not exist! Updating..

[14:57:14] [sEVERE]	'basemods-tekkitlite-v0.5.6.zip' has MD5 mismatch! Updating..

11 answers to this question

[19:56:09] [sEVERE] Starting download of minecraft, with 1 trie(s) remaining

[19:56:40] [sEVERE] Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' does not matche MD5 of any known minecraft version!

[19:56:40] [sEVERE] java.io.IOException: Failed to download minecraft

Found somewhat of a fix, download the jar for minecraft 1.4.7, name it minecraft_1.4.7, make sure it's a .jar (IE will download a .zip), put it into the cache folder, it'll download fine then. However, after that happens it gets stuck at a white screen, the hello window pops up and goes away, but nothing happens after that. It might work for others though

Found somewhat of a fix, download the jar for minecraft 1.4.7, name it minecraft_1.4.7, make sure it's a .jar (IE will download a .zip), put it into the cache folder, it'll download fine then. However, after that happens it gets stuck at a white screen, the hello window pops up and goes away, but nothing happens after that. It might work for others though

Yup same happens for me... Hello window disappears then it goes and boom it's working! A blank screen forever!