Tekkit Server Not working.

Hello, Im new to this forum so forgive me if im posting this in the wrong section.

I have just downloaded the Client launcher for tekkit and the tekkit server for 2.1.1, and iv installed it correctly and port fowarded it correctly, (hopefully) but it still does not seem to work. I try logging in via the launcher and its not working and when i type in "localhost" it also does not work, any suggestions?

I did use search and found no topics that helped me out.

What is the error message? Your description was too vague to get anything that I could go by. Some general stuff is make sure you are running MC 1.1 and that you have the appropriate Java and have added its location on PATH.

If you give me more to go off, then I can help more. In the mean time, try the thread I'm making that sort of consolidates everything to one play.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,5471.0.html

I've got lots of stuff in there that could solve your problem.

Sorry, Whenever i go on multiplayer, and type in "Localhost" is says connection time:refused or something and doesnt let me connect. I already did that Path thing. The server itself turns on good but the fact that it doesnt let me on it is my problem.

Server ip is blank. And no when i try to connect it says nothing in the console.

ANyone know whats the problem? Althought, there is an error i just spotted. On the recipemanager, it says "spout not detected, restricting recipes" im not sure if this has anything to do with this but i decided to add it. Directing me to a good guide would be very appreciated.

The recipe/spout thing would not matter. That is just a Bukkit plugin.

Have you tried LogMeIn Hamachi? If it truly is something wrong with the ports, which I had a hard time with, then Hamachi could simplify things for you. Hamachi can be found here: http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/download To use it is really quite simple. Just start it up, make a username/account, host a network (both the name of the server and the password are case sensitive), and then just tell your friends the password and name and they can connect. That will automatically forward the ports for you. It will also give you a new IP which is shown at the top next to your computer's name. That should be entered as the new IP to connect to the server. Your friends and you will need to be running Hamachi and connected to your hosting for it to work.

If that does not solve the problem, then I can look more into this problem. What Java are you running and what OS are you running (64bit, 32bit, 82bit)? Your OS can be found by right clicking computer in the start menu and pressing properties.

The recipe/spout thing would not matter. That is just a Bukkit plugin.

Have you tried LogMeIn Hamachi? If it truly is something wrong with the ports, which I had a hard time with, then Hamachi could simplify things for you. Hamachi can be found here: http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/download To use it is really quite simple. Just start it up, make a username/account, host a network (both the name of the server and the password are case sensitive), and then just tell your friends the password and name and they can connect. That will automatically forward the ports for you. It will also give you a new IP which is shown at the top next to your computer's name. That should be entered as the new IP to connect to the server. Your friends and you will need to be running Hamachi and connected to your hosting for it to work.

If that does not solve the problem, then I can look more into this problem. What Java are you running and what OS are you running (64bit, 32bit, 82bit)? Your OS can be found by right clicking computer in the start menu and pressing properties.

I dont wanna use a hamachi server, as last time i tried, it lagged my computer alot. Im running Java 7 and 64Bit OS. I hope you know what to do.

if you're not seeing anything on the server console, the client is never even reaching it.

also, you don't need to forward ports or use hamachi to play on a server hosted on your own machine, I have no idea why people are suggesting that.

10:1 your firewall software is getting in the way, there's just nothing else in between the client and server that can cause this. the only other option is that you are not using the default port on the server. check the port in server.properties and add it to your IP like this, "localhost:port", and see if that helps. if not, it's your firewall.

if you're not seeing anything on the server console, the client is never even reaching it.

also, you don't need to forward ports or use hamachi to play on a server hosted on your own machine, I have no idea why people are suggesting that.

10:1 your firewall software is getting in the way, there's just nothing else in between the client and server that can cause this. the only other option is that you are not using the default port on the server. check the port in server.properties and add it to your IP like this, "localhost:port", and see if that helps. if not, it's your firewall.

What programme should i allow through firewall?I mean techniclauncher isnt available Nor is the "Launch" in the tekkit server folder. I also tried browsing for them, checked the .techniclauncher folder too and nothing there either.

java. you need t allow java through.

assuming java 7, it installs to c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe by default

My firewall said it was already allowed through. I went back and ticked all the boxes that said Java and it still doesn't work.

that shouldn't be doing this then, did you try the port thing? basically, if you're not using any other type of firewall (I don't count the windows one, honestly), the only way to get the problem you're having is something ridiculous like misspelling localhost, running the server on a non-default port, not running the server while running the game, having remapped localhost to something else in your hosts file, etc.

you could also try using 127.0.0.1 as your IP instead of localhost, who knows, maybe it's the hosts file issue

Tried that, and here ill give you more info:

this is what my launch is:

java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

Server properties:

#Minecraft server properties

#Tue Feb 21 22:41:27 PST 2012

allow-nether=true

level-name=world

enable-query=false

allow-flight=false

server-port=25565

level-type=DEFAULT

enable-rcon=false

level-seed=

server-ip=

spawn-npcs=true

white-list=false

spawn-animals=true

online-mode=true

pvp=false

difficulty=1

gamemode=0

max-players=20

spawn-monsters=true

view-distance=10

generate-structures=true

motd=A Tekkit Server

Im not sure if theres anything wrong with that, i mean as much as i think the port is 25565 and that localhost isnt even working.

and this is what i have in my tekkit server folder:

Buildcraft

config

craftscrips

mods

plugins

redpower

world

world_nether

world_the_end

banned-ips

banned-mods

banned-players

bukkit

launch

mod_EE.props

modloader

ops

permissions

server

server

tekkit

wepif

white-list

wirelessredstone

wirelessredstone.srv

wirelessredstoneserver

worldedit

yeah, that wouldn't be causing this. I have to say I'm rather stumped here. there's something else going on and I'm not sure what it could be. out of curiosity, can you connect to any other servers? try finding a server in the open server section and logging in. does it do the same thing?

worst case scenario, if you're just going to be playing alone anyhow, use technic and play single player

Well i can connect to my bukkit server, but ill try go and connect to the other servers on tekkit.

Tried connecting to this server http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,5567.0.html and it said internal exception: java.net.socketexception:Connection reset

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,5177.0.html this one said end of stream

and i managed to get on this one:

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,3172.0.html