Update and electric engines

The Padre

Hi, I was wondering if someone could please help me, I am fairly new to this, but have a server set up for my kids and some friends, just updated to Tekkit Lite 0.6.1 and I have lost all of my electric engines that I have been using. My question is have they been taken out of the game, do I need a plug in? I am lost and out of my depths and would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance for your time in answering.

I feel ya, i also am kinda upset that the electric engines are gone as i had 4 machines running on them. Mill/Smelter/Pulv and whatnot. I keep hearing Energy Bridge is the new thing, but i have not done one yet and i do know they are bulky and will not work well in my Machine shop with out displacing other machines. Kinda upsetting that they expect us to replace them with something that requires more work/area... But i guess the mod that normally has them was removed because it had not been updated in a while. But i really hope someone steps up and works on getting them added back in with another mod. For now i'm using Stirling/Steam engines on them and just have to make sure i done leave them running if i got out to my quarry or whatnot....

My initial response to losing my two electric engines powering my quarry was to use Blutricity Engines from RP. They were really inefficient, so my friend suggested we use the Energy Bridging, which worked like a charm converting EU to MJ for the quarry.

I can see a Energy Bridge working well for a quarry as you have the space for it. But i have noticed today that if you can make suyre to not leave them running, stirling/steam engines work as well as fast electric did maybe even better. Just have to not be forgetful. :P Wouldn't be fun to come back and find a big hole in the side of my machine shop...

P.S. i use a Combustion engine on my Quarry and have it piped with water and my refinery for fuel. Just started another 20x20 quarry and it's going slow but steady. :)

Transformers, the mod with electric engines, hasn't been updated in some time and isn't as flexible as energy bridges, so everyone is shifting over to EBs. It makes sense in the long run. Also, bluelectricity is on a much much smaller scale that pretty much all other power systems, it isn't worth it to convert power across from bluelectricity to anything else unless you have dozens of kinetic generators or hundreds of solar panels, and even then a couple of combustion engines can probably outdo it.