how to install .jar

jackthekiller98

Question

hi im new to tekkit and i have 32 bit java i cannot get the .exe to work i get the "checking launcher version" then crash so i need to use the .jar but i dont know how to use it on winRAR i just get the files can someone explain how to install? thanks. i know im a NOOB but everyone needs help sometimes :)

6 answers to this question

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4191.0.html

"Opening the .exe does nothing, or flashes a loading icon, or says "checking launcher version", then closes.

This is a Java issue. The most common cause is using 32 bit Java. If your Operating system is 64 bit,

make sure you update to the latest 64 bit version of Java. Links on www.technicpack.net.

If your Operating System is 32 bit, you will most likely have to just use the .jar version until another

solution is available. Go to .techniclauncher and there should be a .jar in there. If not then download

it from www.technicpack.net. Read further up the list for how to determine the bit version of your OS or JAVA."

*Sigh* Go to www.technicpack.net

Look to the left. Download 64 it java and a jar launcher. not the exe launcher

profit?!??!!?

nope.avi

Doesn't work with a 32-bit OS, does it now?

@OP

If you are using a Windows OS (which I reckon you probably are), then do as follows. It's a bit long, but it shouldn't be too hard. I've made them as foolproof as I can, but that's just because I know my instructions can be hard to understand sometimes, not because I think that you're stupid.

1) Open My Documents. In the bar at the top, delete My Documents and type %appdata% . Press Enter.

2) In that folder, delete .techniclauncher .

3) Run TechnicLauncher.exe . Wait for it to finish downloading.

4) In the %appdata% folder, there will again be a folder called .techniclauncher . Open it.

5) Inside there, there will be a file called technic-launcher.jar . Double-click on it. Do not open it with WinRAR.

I advise making a desktop shortcut to that file, it's quicker. Also note that you only need to do steps 1, 2 and 3 once.

When the launcher updates, just run TechnicLauncher.exe again. This will get any updates that are necessary, and you can just continue using the .JAR as normal.