Launcher chooses wrong build

freakofaustria

Question

Launcher Version: 222

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit; 6.1, Build 7601

Java Version: jdk1.6.0_26 (this one is saved in the "path" variable and therefore used by minecraft)

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

On the Hompage, it says for tekkit lite "rec: 0.6.4 latest: 0.6.5", but the launcher chooses 0.6.5 as recommendet build too. Since the server is available in the recommendet version (0.6.4), I chose "manually select a build" in the tekkit lite options and set it to 0.6.4 but everytime I click on "save", it switches back to 0.5.9 and saves that, instead of my prefered version. This means, that I can't play on my server either way. Most likely, it's a file-saving issue, so the launcher can't save my chosen option into its config file. I also tried to set the version inside a file, but I can't seem to find the right config file either

Error Messages:

Error Log:

4 answers to this question

Same issue. I've tried reinstalling java, changing config files, setting config files to read only, restarting, uninstalling/deleting technic in appdata. Copying an older version of the .technic folder from appdata from my laptop onto the computer with the error. Still no luck. Would like to find the old version of the launcher, pre the last update, to try that.