Server Setup

watsonj11

So here is the story

today I was talking to my friend about setting up a local server but I don't want to use hamachi so I had the idea to run a tekkit server using the BT wifi with FON network (we are both BT users) I thought if I used the minecraft auto set-up system ( the broadcast to local internet button) I might be able to play with him. I know it sounds strange to ask this but would that

A: be legal

B: be safe

C: free and

D: work properly

please answer quickly I want to play tonight if at all possible

ps: sorry if this is the wrong section it looked about right

I have no idea what the heck you're using to host the server, but aslong as they don't give you monthly/weekly/daily/nanosecondly fees to pay to keep the server running it'll be free. Of course, your electric bill may be slightly higher, but that's probably nothing to worry about. Probably.

It'll be legal no matter what you do.

It'll be safe 100% aslong as the server provider isn't shady.

Depending on how well you set up the server, it should work properly. Certain modpacks are harder to setup than others. I'm not making any refrences to that day when I had to spend 4 months to set up a tekkit classic server or anything. I would never do such a thing.

Oh, by the way, unless you want to run a dedicated server, don't ever use hamachi. It's just a hassle to set it up, as your server will work without it easily.

Also, make sure you are near eachother. LAN won't work for somebody the next house over. It'll just work for people in your house.

Basically I want to run a server through a hot spot that's why I asked what I did

Our local FON network ( which by the way is a global hotspot system) runs up and down the street we both live on so it is the same network

Sorry I failed to make that clear in my initial post

The hotspot is free for both of us to use before you ask