my tekkit server will only let me place vanilla items?

I thought it would be cool to have a Tekkit server that me and my friend could play on because we are getting board of our original Minecraft server. so i downloaded the server off of the home page and it all ran smoothly, but theirs one thing. When me and him both got into the server we realized that we couldn't place any items from the mods except for regular vanilla items. I cant find any answer to why this happens or how to fix it. I am using Hamachi to connect with my friend and i also am using the same IP address as my vanilla Minecraft server. Please help me resolve this problem so we can start playing again.

Are you running the tekkit launcher and appropriate client and not vanilla minecraft (can't think why it would let you connect...) the other alternative i can think of is that maybe you don't have continued wright permissions to the location you installed it in...

When starting the server, then don't open the file "minecraft_server.jar", open Tekkit.jar or launch.bat

well when i click on launch.bat it says it cant find any application to open it. also when i click on tekkit.jar nothing happens.

Are you running the tekkit launcher and appropriate client and not vanilla minecraft (can't think why it would let you connect...) the other alternative i can think of is that maybe you don't have continued wright permissions to the location you installed it in...

shads how would i be able to get wright permission?