Can anyone specify...

For whatever reason, coal and diamonds are really rare in my world, i don't know why.

What I wanted to ask was which files do i have to edit to increase their appearance?

I know i will have to reset the world if i am to edit anything, but i have that sorted.

I've been mining pretty much all the time to get coal which is a bit ironic since the aim of Big Dig was to spend less time mining :)

I find both in generous amounts, might it just be that you use coal a lot more often? I know I use up stacks and stacks easely. Diamonds aren't that common, but if you find one of the big underground dungeons, you'll have enough in no time :)

I find both in generous amounts, might it just be that you use coal a lot more often? I know I use up stacks and stacks easely. Diamonds aren't that common, but if you find one of the big underground dungeons, you'll have enough in no time :)

No in total, his is about 4 1/2 hours mining, i have a stack and a half of coal and 8 diamonds. I was able to create a quarry with that and a minium stone and in the probably 11 hours it's been running it has dug up 4 coal and no diamonds.

On a brighter side i found two ravines and a stronghold, right under my house while mining!

Diamond spawn rate can be modified with 'AppDataRoaming.technicbigdigconfigMetallurgyMetallurgyCore.cfg' file. Just change diamond ore count and vein count to whatever you want, of course this only affects chunks that haven't been generated yet. As for coal, you're on your own as I'm not sure where it's spawn rate is configured at, though you might be able to add it to that file in the same way that redstone, iron, etc. is written. Just remember to make backups.