Can't Cool a Combustion Engine

Well, first, you haven't installed your sphax textures correctly. You have to install the 1.4.7 normal Minecraft textures from sphax, put them in the textures folder and then put all the files in the sphax for tekkit lite inside the folder of the normal textures. ;)

And it seems that there isn't enough water being pumped out. Could you make a picture of the pumps and such...

AND, with all the power these are producing, you should be able to use the Assembley table. With that you should make some Iron/Gold gates and put them on the pipe adjacent to the engine. Right click on it and you can make them say that they only emit a redstone signal when the engine is blue or green! No explosions ever, guaranteed :D

Well, those Buildcraft pumps aren't that consistent, I also had problems on a server. What you could do is add even more pumps, OR use an Aqueous Accumulator. That's basically an unlimited water source, place water source blocks around it to make it generate water even faster. And just connect golden waterproof pipes directly to your engines, you won't need wooden waterproof pipes to pump the water out.

And if you want to be 100% safe, use the gates ;)

On my single player world the BC pumps work fine. I use 4 redstone enignes per pump. Then with golden pipes to 4 tanks. Every tank gets pumped out with 2 redstone engines per wooden pipe (that's 8 engines). Maybe that will work, but using an Aqueous Accumulator is waaaay easier :p