Newbie setting up server for his son

SocratesGS

My son wants to get a server up & running. I'm a software engineer, but completely oblivious to the MC world (he knows more than I do). I am trying to do the initial setup and then turn it over to him for the rest of the management.

We got the basic Tekkit server up & running, but we're stumped. He wants a list of plugins, but we can't seem to get them going. I am not sure, but I read some where that Bukkit plugins work with Tekkit servers. Is that correct? If it is, should I be doing anything special besides dropping the plugin jars into the plugins folder?

Here's a list of plugins he wanted, I'm not sure if there are compatability issues:

CommandBook

DynamicFactions

Essentials

Multiverse-Core-2.4

Multiverse-Portals-2.4

SignShop

SurvivalGames

Tim

WorldEdit

WorldGuard

He's helped other people with setting up plugins, but they were all running Bukkit. He want's to be unique amongst his friends by running Tekkit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this replaces the tekkit.jar as the startup jar. Wouldn't that be considered running MCPC+ instead of Tekkit?

Keep in mind I'm not running Tekkit Classic, but Tekkit Server (or as I've seen some people call it, Tekkit Space).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this replaces the tekkit.jar as the startup jar. Wouldn't that be considered running MCPC+ instead of Tekkit?

Keep in mind I'm not running Tekkit Classic, but Tekkit Server (or as I've seen some people call it, Tekkit Space).

there's nothing special about tekkit's server file. what makes tekkit tekkit are the mods it comes with. doing what niavmai suggests will fix your problem and allow you to run bukkit plugins just like your son wants while still keeping all the tekkit stuff intact.