'Outdated Server' bug?

RedstoneCraft

Question

Title: 'Outdated Server' bug?

Version: 1_0_3

Java Version: 7

Description of Problem:

Latest Server Version but people can't join due to 'Outdated Server' error message?

Error Messages:

[user] can't join due to outdated Server

Error Log:

2013-05-15 11:15:13 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Server] Disconnecting baartman98969896 [iPHERE]: Outdated server!

7 answers to this question

How can I find out which version I'm actually using?

For the client, if you click the little gear by where you choose the modpack, it'll tell you what version you're running, and also allow you to choose a different version.

For the server, it might say in the log, but I'm not entirely sure. If anything, try to remember what version it was when you downloaded it from the website, or at least download it again so you can be sure it's 1.0.6.

And actually, thinking about it, it's quite possible that your friend is trying to connect with a different Tekkit, as there are three indivudial modpacks, Tekkit, Tekkit Lite, and Tekkit Classic.

For the client, if you click the little gear by where you choose the modpack, it'll tell you what version you're running, and also allow you to choose a different version.

For the server, it might say in the log, but I'm not entirely sure. If anything, try to remember what version it was when you downloaded it from the website, or at least download it again so you can be sure it's 1.0.6.

And actually, thinking about it, it's quite possible that your friend is trying to connect with a different Tekkit, as there are three indivudial modpacks, Tekkit, Tekkit Lite, and Tekkit Classic.

OK, thanks for your help!

If you want to join mine, its tekkit.redstonecraft.net :D

Thanks!