Fake Survial Mode in Single Player game on Tekkit Lite

Sirennea

Hi, I am really new to MC in general. I just took up playing on a private Tekkit Lite server with some my BFs friends from work. The problem is this server seems to be down a lot so I started a new single player game since I am already addicted!

However, every time I start a new game in survival mode (the fun of the game for me is to work for items) its not really survival. When I go to make something, it automatically "gives" my character a stack of whatever item I have selected!

I have tried deleting games and starting new. I have tried creating a new game in Creative Mode and deleting it. No matter what I do it seems to continue to "Give" me everything and I don't want to play that way! =(

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you're clicking on the items in the right hand column, that's not how you make items. That's NEI, an interface for getting item recipes by pressing "r" over an item, or instantly obtaining a stack of said item by left clicking. You haven't given enough information for anyone trying to troubleshoot, so this is the only thing I can assume is going on.

If you're clicking on the items in the right hand column, that's not how you make items. That's NEI, an interface for getting item recipes by pressing "r" over an item, or instantly obtaining a stack of said item by left clicking. You haven't given enough information for anyone trying to troubleshoot, so this is the only thing I can assume is going on.

So even in survival mode if you left click an item on the right-hand side it will give you a stack freely? In my multiplayer game left clicking an item when say you are at the crafting table, it shows the recipe for making it but it does not give it to you. I assumed survival mode in single player and multiplayer was the same?

So even in survival mode if you left click an item on the right-hand side it will give you a stack freely? In my multiplayer game left clicking an item when say you are at the crafting table, it shows the recipe for making it but it does not give it to you. I assumed survival mode in single player and multiplayer was the same?

That would be because on the server cheat mode is disabled. What you want is what planetguy suggested.

1) In the inventory screen there is an options button in the bottom left. Click it.

2) This will bring up NEI global options. The top right box will say cheat mode. Click it until it says recipe mode.

3) Press done.