Offline Mode Not Working

Lilypadlils

I haven't bought minecraft yet, but I heard there is supposed to be an offline mode. Every time I press login it just says Not Recognized and there is no Offline Mode option.

I REALLY want to play Yogbox!

If there is a way the launcher can have an offline mode I would LOVE to hear it. :( plz I am desperate

I haven't bought minecraft yet, but I heard there is supposed to be an offline mode. Every time I press login it just says Not Recognized and there is no Offline Mode option.

I REALLY want to play Yogbox!

If there is a way the launcher can have an offline mode I would LOVE to hear it. :( plz I am desperate

The launcher uses your minecraft account to connect to the mojang servers and download the full legitimate game fresh when creating a modpack install. Therefor, you have to have a bought and paid for minecraft account.

As Altair stated, offline play only becomes available when the game is installed.

If you're so desperate to play, fork over the cash. If you don't have the cash, your local organized crime ring (Mafia, Yakuza, Wal-Mart, ect...) will have a range of solutions tailored to your personal level of desperation.

• 4 months later...

I have a problem and can't find a solution online so I joined this forum here. I am trying to get Tekkit to play offline. I am recently getting back into Tekkit(the galacticraft got me interested) and had to download the new(current) launcher. I get into a single player game online just fine(which should set me ok for offline mode next time, as it does for Vanilla Minecraft and did on the old Tekkit Launcher) but it will not load offline.

I do not have the internet where I live so need to play offline there if I want to play.

I have checked my Firewall exceptions(Windows) as well as my version of Java and AV.

I have tried redownloading the Technic Launcher.

Vanilla Windows loads fine(via the download from Mojang) and playing Galacticraft through that works fine(although I still can't find Lead for the NASA workbench).

I don't see where I can attach my log to show you guys and it is too long to copy/paste.

Any help would be appreciated because I am really looking forward to playing this at the house.

Oh, btw I am using Windows 8.

Tdata999