Mac, launcher opens, but game will close when trying to play mod pack

Smartone99

Question

Launcher Version: 246

Operating System: MAC OS X, 10.7.5

Java Version: Java 7, update 21

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When I open the launcher, it works fine, but after its done loading the mod pack and FML is done, it just closes down and quits.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

11 answers to this question

Me too! glad Im not the only one. I want so far as to delete my old Launcher, Delete my minecraft and everything else in the folder, and then reinstall.

OSx 10.7.5

Launcher 246

I should have java 6 but im not certain.

no antivirus

Even Vanilla will not load :(

P.S. I thought that it might be helpful to add that after I have selected a modpack in the Launcher, A blank, white window opens. After a few seconds of no activity, the window closes and the launcher is no longer open.

Ok, i may have found the issue. Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines and delete everything in it.

The laucher should initially open a square with the normal java symbol called start. Then, a few peices of paper with a coffee cup and a pen should open, titled "Technic Launcher" If it doesnt open that, it will NOT work. Just close the launcher and reopen until it happens

When I use the go to tool in finder, it tells me that the folder java does not exist...

Any help will be appreciated greatly.

So I found the folder under HD, and I deleted its contents. My problem has NOT resolved itself. Only the start icon will appear. Is there something that I am missing or have forgotten?

2013/06/08 11:54:54 [iNFO] Launcher took: 3814ms to start

2013/06/08 11:55:04 [iNFO] ------------------------------------------

2013/06/08 11:55:04 [iNFO] Technic Launcher is starting....

2013/06/08 11:55:04 [iNFO] Launcher Build: 246

2013/06/08 11:55:04 [iNFO] ------------ Startup Parameters ------------

2013/06/08 11:55:04 [iNFO] --------- End of Startup Parameters ---------

2013/06/08 11:55:06 [iNFO] Loaded face

2013/06/08 11:55:07 [iNFO] Starting download of http://skins.technicpack.net/helm/Shadow1752/100, with 3 tries remaining

2013/06/08 11:55:07 [iNFO] Launcher took: 3481ms to start

2013/06/08 11:55:16 [iNFO] Maximum usable memory detected: 4096 mb

Please read the top 3 pinned posts before posting a bug.

Solution to your problem is here.

If you deleted everything in your JavaVirtualMachine file make sure you put Java 1.6 back in there before you try it.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/mac-os-x-nothing-starts-up-fml-setup-crash-temporary-launcher-fix.50354/

The Launcher works fine til we reach when we try to launch any mod. Your solution just fixes the start up for the launcher and not the mods crashes as fast you try to start them, proof reading maybe?