Unable to bind mouse 2 to forward

jerekorva

Question

As strange it sounds I truly use the second mouse button for moving forwards in FPS games and I've been using it since Duke 3d or something.

The launcher crashes/freezes instantly when I set the forward button to mouse 2.

I've also tried to bind it by editing the options.txt file with no success. I'm using Windows 7 64bit and Java 7 64bit.

Fromm logs:

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Unknown Source)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.get(Unknown Source)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard.isKeyDown(Keyboard.java:399)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at InvTweaksHandlerShortcuts.updateKeyStatuses(InvTweaksHandlerShortcuts.java:395)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at InvTweaksHandlerShortcuts.getDownShortcutKeys(InvTweaksHandlerShortcuts.java:127)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at InvTweaks.handleConfigSwitch(InvTweaks.java:330)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at InvTweaks.onTick(InvTweaks.java:318)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at InvTweaks.onTickInGUI(InvTweaks.java:123)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at mod_InvTweaks.OnTickInGUI(mod_InvTweaks.java:68)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:1141)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:16)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:741)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:638)

[10:15:59] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

10 answers to this question

Sorry for the minor thread necro, but I think I have this same exact problem. I've been using RMB for forwards since Duke 3D, Quake or maybe Doom. I just went through the list in the modloader.cfg, turned them all off then turned them back on one by one. When it got to InvTweaks I got the white screen crash again.

So do I have to disable the entire InvTweaks (by setting it to off in the modloader.cfg?), or can I disable only the part which is causing the crash?

Somehow you've either screwed up your config files or you've installed conflicting versions of mods. It's trying to install the Crafting Table II in the same slot as dynamite from IC2. You may have to backup your worlds, reinstall Technic, and try again from there.

Ok, well, I don't know what is causing it now - with InvTweaks loaded and RMB bound to forwards, the game locks up before the main menu (just after the Mojang logo). With InvTweaks disabled I can get to the main menu, but when I try and join a server it says "Logging in" then freezes. If I bind forward back to W then log into a server it works, until I try and rebind back to RMB.

If I do the same in Technic (start a new world, THEN change forwards to RMB), it seems to stick, until I come out of the menu, then it says "Saving Chunks" and crashes.

By the way this is happening in Technic, Tekkit and Yogbox. I just tried deleting the Tekkit directory (for the umpteenth time) but the problem comes back as soon as I bind a mouse button to forwards. I can bind any mouse button to any other control, but as soon as I try to bind one to forwards the game freezes.

Here's my latest log: http://pastebin.com/2fGPxw0p

Edit: I haven't installed any mods other than a couple via Vanilla minecraft (in the .minecraft directory). Technic/Tekkit/Yogbox is exactly how it was downloaded by the launcher.

I don't even know where to begin on that latest error. Wow.

Your best bet would be to put everything back to the way it is by default and enabled, and then use an external program like AutoHotKey to set your right mouse button to act as the 'w' key (or whatever you set "forward" to be).

If you're not using Windows, there are surely equivalent programs for the other systems, but you'd have to Google for them.

I'm not too terribly familiar with AHK syntax, but it should be possible to create a secondary keybinding to set a state variable for your primary keybinding as a toggle. Essentially:

Right mouse button: "if ( rmbvaron ) then ( send 'w' )"

Other key (like middle button or something): "if ( rmbvaron ) then ( rmbaron = false ) else ( rmbvaron = true )"

Ok, this is what I have done:

#IfWinActive Tekkit

RButton::UP

~Tab::Suspend

LControl::Suspend

This script allows Tab (which is my inventory button) to stop the RMB script. So basically, every time I go into my inventory it suspends the script and allows me to use RMB for crafting. I also added Left CTRL as an addition suspend button, for when I open chests (which doesn't use Tab, so the script would still be running). I suppose you could bind it to your Use key, so when you 'Use' the chest it suspends to script, but it would be difficult getting through doors (Pressing the Use key to open the door would suspend the script so you couldn't walk forwards through the door!)

So I suppose it's fixed, or at least worked around. I'll leave this here in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread:

#IfWinActive Tekkit

RButton::UP

~INVENTORY BUTTON::Suspend (Don't forget the ~, that let's the game still use the button for inventory!)

ADDITIONAL UNUSED BUTTON::Suspend