Moving Liquid Source Blocks - Non-RP2

LupusVindex

With the removal of RP2 from the modpack, I have not been able to duplicate the way that a pump/grate functioned in this regard. How would one move an entire lake of water, lava, oil, etc. without putting it into storage only? I seem to only see ways to store liquids, but never get them back out into the world without manually clicking with a bucket and emptying into the area you wish. This seems to be the only function left to be replaced with the removal of RP2. Any help would be appreciated.

1.Get Water

2.Glacial Precipitator: Water->Ice Block

3.Get Ice Blocks into Filler (In old Big Dig I shoved sand in through an export bus, from internal storage. In BD1.3.9 I couldn't get it to grab ice from a DSU hooked in through a storage bus.)

4.Fill desired destination with Ice Blocks (1 layer at a time or all at once?)

5.Melt ice (Greg's Lights?)

6.Profit!

I could see that working. But the issue I have with the filler would be that it operates on a cube formation. There doesn't seem to be custom layouts you can accomplish. And it doesn't play nice to things being in the way, such as if you already have dirt mounds you wish to use, as say "Islands" or something. And especially if you wanted to use this to keep water pumped into a fusion reactor setup (Which was previously accomplished by making sure the area is fully covered and a redpower pump with grate located in a side wall). Mainly looking for a way to keep a fusion reactor set up to never run dry, which would require a lot of time management on a 24/7 server.

[Edit: I've never seen the Filler misbehave, it doesn't replace blocks, just fill. On fill mode.]

You just need 3 surface Landmarks and 1 Landmark in the bottom of a shaft at the depth you want to fill to.

For supplying water use banks of Aqueous Accumulators directly or filling a large Dynamic Tank (inside blocks hold 16 buckets each).

Aqueous Accumulators require no power, surrounding them with 5 water blocks maximizes output.

I tried the suggestions, and while it works slightly, it won't be applicable for the project. The issue arises because there is no place to put in the greg's light to heat up the ice under the large turbines. This would work for other setups that don't have a "ceiling" installed with other parts. Will just have to look for other options on this for if/when I build a fusion reactor.

Make the inner walls of light source blocks:

Road Light/Inverted 1/4 Glowstone block, 1 Redstone, 1/16 Plastic, 1/2 Stone Bricks

Large Glowstone Bricks 1/2 Glowstone block, 1/8 Stone Bricks

Glowstone Bricks 1/2 Glowstone block, 1/8 Bricks

Glowstone 1 Glowstone block

Redstone Lamp 1 Glowstone block, 4 Redstone

The cheapest that I found are from MineFactory Reloaded.

Ok, so if you put light walls up, that will melt the ice. The next question is, how do you replace the ice once the filler is completely done filling the area? Will it keep running or once it goes through an iteration it will just stop and you have to replace the filler - basically continually picking up and placing it down?

It will keep filling, you should be able to see the black & yellow frame still there. Hook it up to a power grid that's powering something else and it will keep working without throwing away power.

Edit: I've filled water with sand by just marking the top layer and having it replace each sand block after it falls. Set it up, keep it stuffed with fill material and powered and it will keep shoving one block at a time into place. It can be scary fast if you fall in. I was box filling a quarry and fell in. I thought I could dig a hole out, but it kept filling the doorway back up. Luckily the box fill pattern prevents it from closing you in immediately, but stay away from a box fill when it is almost closed or it will trap you until it runs out of material or power.