Hexxit server w/ extra mods problems *facedesk*

Dav300

Ok, this is kind of a long story, but I'll make it as brief as I can. A friend and I decided to want to play hexxit together. So we decide to begin a small private server that we can just play on for the heck of it. We also decide that we want 3 other mods, Jammy's furniture mod, Chainz, and Thaumcraft 3. I install them onto my client, run a single player world and they work just fine. Before I installed any of the mods onto the server itself, I wanted to make sure the server worked. This was my first problem, I would run the launch.bat and I always got the same error message. The file couldn't reserve enough space for the files needed and couldn't run. I google my situation and only found 1 solution, (editing the .bat file and change the 3G to 2G, to 2G to 1G.) It didn't work. After about an hour of goolging the problem, I decided to try running the minecraft_server.jar, realising that this was just a forge server and not bukkit. That worked perfectly fine, no errors, nothing. This is my first question, Am I actually running the server correctly, it seems to work perfectly fine, but I haven't tried connecting from another IP. I would also like to know, IF I'm running it incorrectly, how will I fix the launch.bat problem I was having in the first place? Anyway, after I got the server running, I installed the 3 mods I mentioned earlier. I was having trouble finding any tutorial on installing the mods onto a server. So I just guessed they were universal files and plopped them into the mods folder in the server location. After running it again, I connect to make sure the extra mods are working properly. I attempt to spawn an item in through NEI and it states 'Item ID doesn't exist'. I continue to experiment with the mods and found that any item from that mod would disappear out of my hotbar whenever I attempted to use it on the ground. And things that create entities, for example the wand of fire from thaumcraft, it seems to create the entities, but it seems like they didn't actually exist according to the server. I was getting no errors on the console, only time I got an error was when I attempted to spawn the item with NEI.

I appriciate the help

First, I recommend you read the rules of the forums. There's a common offense in your post that should be fixed.

For your issue, if I'm understanding this correctly you installed 3 mods on top of hexxit's pack, and some items don't work when in a server? If that's the case, make sure you installed the mods on your client AND server, and that your config files are the same for both. From your description, it seems like your server doesn't have thaumcraft.

Make sure they work in singleplayer too. If they work in singleplayer but not in multiplayer, then your mods/configs aren't the same for both.

EDIT:

minecraft_server.jar

Wait, I thought you had to run another Hexxit.jar for the hexxit server? Use the .bat file to launch it.

First, I recommend you read the rules of the forums. There's a common offense in your post that should be fixed.

Thanks, just updated it, sorry about that. didn't really think about it.

For your issue, if I'm understanding this correctly you installed 3 mods on top of hexxit's pack, and some items don't work when in a server? If that's the case, make sure you installed the mods on your client AND server, and that your config files are the same for both. From your description, it seems like your server doesn't have thaumcraft.

I just attempted to run the server with the mods uninstalled server side, and I believe you're right. It appears that the server isn't detecting the mods, so I guess the files aren't universal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Make sure they work in singleplayer too. If they work in singleplayer but not in multiplayer, then your mods/configs aren't the same for both.

They do, I was messing around with it while waiting for a reply on this thread.

Wait, I thought you had to run another Hexxit.jar for the hexxit server? Use the .bat file to launch it.

If I run the Hexxit.jar, it gives me an error about not being able to find a worldclient class defenition. And the .bat file keeps giving me the same error I brought up in the original post.

I just attempted to run the server with the mods uninstalled server side' date=' and I believe you're right. It appears that the server isn't detecting the mods, so I guess the files aren't universal. Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote']

Both the server and the client need to have the same mods and the same config files. Otherwise, most items won't work as there is no way for the server to recognize them. Seeing how they're working in singleplayer, all you need to do is copy the mods file to the server's mod folder, and the configs to the server's config folder.

Both the server and the client need to have the same mods and the same config files. Otherwise, most items won't work as there is no way for the server to recognize them. Seeing how they're working in singleplayer, all you need to do is copy the mods file to the server's mod folder, and the configs to the server's config folder.

I don't run a server personally so I may be wrong, but unless you run Hexxit.jar all you get is a default, vanilla minecraft server. I tried running a default Hexxit server and lowering its ram and it worked perfectly, so your error probably comes from modifications you made to the server. Having a list of modifications you made, your .bat launch file as well as the error (post it on pastebin if it's particularly long) would help a great deal.

I got it working, I think I forgot to copy the config over to the server file.

Thanks for all the help man :D