Big Dig won't work :(

maxifish21

Okay so I have a DELL laptop running on windows 8. Java is a 64 bit but I don't know what java I have downloaded. (How do I see what java I have downloaded?) But anyways, whenever I start up Big Dig, it loads normally but then as soon as the game window opens up it stops on the white screen right before the MOJANG is supposed show up. I don't know what to do! It's been like this for almost 3 months. I don't know a whole lot about computers or anything like that. So I really need some help :/

Follow these steps, try after each one to see if it's fixed.

1. Update Java: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

2. Set Perm Gen Size: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/lagging-out-or-crashing-on-joining-try-these-steps.46768/

3. Reset the Big Dig pack: Open the Technic Launcher, click the gear button next to the BigDig icon (its the screen you can change your version in) and click on Reset Pack. This will delete everything in the BigDig folder and force a new download for the files.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah only in BigDig! its so irritating. it will log in but then it just gets stuck on the white screen. The launcher stay open and functional as well. Also, when I tried to update my java it said that the older versions needed to be deleted. So I allowed the program to do so and it deleted my 64 bit. Do I need that? and if so how do I reinstall it?

None of the three have worked! Does BigDig require more memory on the computer or something? Because nothing that I have tried has worked. And yes it only happens in BigDig. The screen will open and the FML will load but as soon as the MOJANG is about to pop it it just stops! The launcher screen itself stays open and functional also.