Oil Fabricator power bar keeps resetting

medicbrian

Haven't found any threads on this matter, and I suppose I could always pump Oil from a source, but currently I have an Oil fabricator pumping into a tank setup to convert to fuel for my ships. I'm using biogens and magma generators with atleast 8 energy cells backing them up. The problem is, the fabricator is producing little to no oil. I tried using 5 fabs, same product. The energy bar seems to only go part way up before resetting back to empty, the work bar and idle bar are at zero. The machine is definitely on and powered correctly the best way I know. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It does not appear to be going through a cycle.

Try testing the oil fab in creative, and testing it's output, the thing isn't designed to be efficent for oil creation, and the thing with the power, well if it works like other MFR stuff you will see the power rise until there is enough to perform 1 work, and if the oil gen is hooked up to and output you may not see the output move if the it is all output instantly, but test it in creative, you can get a measure there and check it against your work.

Well With 5 fabs I was able to produce some oil. Reason I switched to them over wells was because the wells would eventually stop working(and no they weren't all used up). I wasn't sure about the interface, but seeing what was said above and after taking a look at the Biogen interface as well, it seems those machines and similar have the same style of running like you thought Toki with the power bar will rise until 1 work can be completed. I guess they are working as intended then. Thanks for the tips.