A dumb question about linking Minecraft/Technic Accounts in Launcher. Can't Log in.

jforrest1980

Hello this is my fist post. I just installed the Technic Launcher and I am having trouble figuring out how to get this thing working. I have ran my own server now through Fluctis Hosting and have had no issues with managing the server and using plugins, but this launcher is giving me issues.

I created a Technic Platform Account but for some reason I can not log in. When I watch the videos on youtube the launcher looks different. Mine does say Technic Launcher but it looks different. Maybe it's new. It has the slide bar on the left to add mod packs, the guy in the white space suit with wings and you can log in on the bottom right. However, there is no area on the launcher to register or link my minecraft account. I have no idea what i'm even suppose to be logging in with? Do I use my Technic Platform UN & PASS? Or my Minecraft one? If I do use my minecraft one how do I get them linked? I can't seem to get anything to work...

Help would be greatly appreciated. I'm off all day and really want to try getting a Tekkit or Hexxit server up and running.

Gotcha. One last question. If I am running Minecraft at home on 1.5.2 what Tekkit server update should I be using on my srever through my provider? I want to use regular Tekkit not Lite.

I've tried Tekkit 1.0.6, 3.1.2, and 3.1.3 but none of those seem to work on Minecraft 1.5.2. But those are Tekkit builds saved on the Fluctis website so maybe they are old.

Thanks for your help!