The Aether II mod pack won't load!! (On a Mac)

paranormaldino

So i have downloaded the pack, and it is showing up fine. But when I try to load it, it won't work, and it gives me the message "Failed to download http://aether.3owl.com/Mods/aethersolo12A.zip"

This is confusing and a bit annoying, as I am certain that this process is idiot-proof to help bad modders like moi :3 BTW I am on a mac, so please keep that in mind before you post a windows- related problem.

Please, if you can help in any way, shape, or form, that would be awesome

Thanks in advance :)

• 5 weeks later...

Platform Pagoda

Discuss the Technic Platform here!
Have questions about setting up a custom modpack or managing one? Look no further!
This is not a section to showcase your modpacks.

That is what this group has as a description. Setting up and managing mod packs is a type of support. And getting something to load properly is part of setup and management. So, unless I'm missing something here, I would say this is the perfect place to seek help and support from the community. Those in the community who do not want to help should just be quiet.

As for the real reason of this post:

I am also having issues with the Aether II Solo mod pack. I have followed the manual install instructions, posted at various places. I have it working on my son's Windows 7 machine, but not my MacBook Pro. My Mac is running Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and has Java Version 7 Update 25. I am using the latest Technic Launcher and have download aethersolo12A.zip file today.

I am able to open the Technic Launcher with no problems, able to run Tekkit Classic and Vanilla Minecraft with no problems. When I go to launch Aether II, it starts JML, then sits there with a plain white window. Any thoughts on what is occurring on my Mac. I am stumped. Please provide any feedback that can be productive to the resolution of my issue.

Platform Pagoda

Discuss the Technic Platform here!
Have questions about setting up a custom modpack or managing one? Look no further!
This is not a section to showcase your modpacks.

That is what this group has as a description. Setting up and managing mod packs is a type of support. And getting something to load properly is part of setup and management. So, unless I'm missing something here, I would say this is the perfect place to seek help and support from the community. Those in the community who do not want to help should just be quiet.

As for the real reason of this post:

I am also having issues with the Aether II Solo mod pack. I have followed the manual install instructions, posted at various places. I have it working on my son's Windows 7 machine, but not my MacBook Pro. My Mac is running Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and has Java Version 7 Update 25. I am using the latest Technic Launcher and have download aethersolo12A.zip file today.

I am able to open the Technic Launcher with no problems, able to run Tekkit Classic and Vanilla Minecraft with no problems. When I go to launch Aether II, it starts JML, then sits there with a plain white window. Any thoughts on what is occurring on my Mac. I am stumped. Please provide any feedback that can be productive to the resolution of my issue.

No it isn't. This forum won't help you fix the problems with custom packs that we didn't create. This forum is for help with making modpacks and pack making related things.

• 2 weeks later...

Then maybe you need to change the description of the forum. There is nothing in the short description that limits the scope of this forum to official mod packs. There is also nothing about assistance with the creation of mod packs. I highly recommend that you put either a more verbose description or post a sticky that explains exactly what this section of the forum is designed to provide. Perhaps when responding to people's posts in the future, you can be a little more helpful by pointing people in the right direction. Basically ignoring someone's request for help and not providing any useful feedback otherwise is extremely rude.