cant load hexxit!!

Jasmine Noden

I am on a mac. I load hexxit, and the connecting to minecraft thing pops up. It goes away to leave a white screen that goes away shortly after. I cant figure out whats happening. Can anyone help me?!!

EDIT: i updated LWJGL using the steps on the wiki, but the hexxit screen still disappears shortly after the hello screen finishes. At the moment the Technic folder is in my ./library/ application support area. should i move it somewhere else?

I've seen that behavior if you've updated to Java 7 but haven't updated LWJGL. Do you know if you've install the Java 7 JDK? If so, remove it or update your ./bin files to 2.9.0 LWJGL.

I've seen that behavior if you've updated to Java 7 but haven't updated LWJGL. Do you know if you've install the Java 7 JDK? If so, remove it or update your ./bin files to 2.9.0 LWJGL.

I was having a similar problem to Jasmine so was happy to find your suggestions about the LWJGL situation. I found the following article on MinecraftForums. It says that it is outdated for current versions of Minecraft, but thought I'd give it a try for Hexxit, which is still in 1.5.2.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL

I went through all these steps which was pretty easy. Out of curiosity, I launched my vanilla 1.6.2 game (actually modified with Forge, Optifine and a few HUD type mods, nothing major) and it launched and played just fine. I deleted the technic folder and started with a clean install of Hexxit. It did get past where it was crashing previously (finished loading FML and validating my Minecraft account and just closed all windows) and opened to the splash screen. All graphics were upside-down and backwards.

LXaa1b4.pngJust for grins, I clicked on the Singleplayer (or reyalpelgniS) button and it went to the next screen:

Y6DNlxF.pngI thought I'd continue to play along so clicked on Create New World. At this point it was non-respsonsive. Didn't crash the app or my machine, but just didn't allow any interaction. I hit esc and went back to the title screen. Any interaction at this point, including Quit Game, just kept taking me back to the above screen. Switched to Finder and was able to close Hexxit in the dock, no trouble.

I've never seen anything like this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I was having the same problem. Found this article on Minecraft Forums and followed all the steps.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL

Out of curiosity, tried this on my vanilla 1.6.2 game (actually modded with Forge, Optifine and a few HUD-type mods, nothing too heavy) and it all worked fine.

Next steps, deleted technic folder, reinstalled Hexxit and updated all the LWJGL related stuff above.

This time, it didn't crash as was doing before, but launched. All graphics were backwards and upside down.

VnX5XnC.png

I've never seen anything like this. Just for grins, I clicked on Singleplayer and it went to the next screen:

Y6DNlxF.png

I thought I'd continue to play along and clicked on Create New World. At this point it became non-responsive. I hit esc and it went back to the title screen at which point, any interaction kept going to the Select World screen above. I switched to the Finder and was able to close Hexxit from the dock with no trouble.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...