3.5 GB ram for hexxit?! o.0

stosXri

Question

Title: 3.5 GB ram for hexxit?! o.0

Version: 1_0_4

Java Version: You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 25).

Description of Problem:

too much ram requirements, every 5-10 minutes the game is forced to exit due to low

free ram. i had 2gb available and 1.5gb free ram before starting the game.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

4 answers to this question

03:01:27 [iNFO] Uptime: 17 hours 42 minutes 28 seconds

03:01:27 [iNFO] Current TPS = 20.0

03:01:27 [iNFO] Maximum memory: 4,087 MB.

03:01:27 [iNFO] Allocated memory: 432 MB.

03:01:27 [iNFO] Free memory: 267 MB.

03:01:27 [iNFO] World "Hexxit": 9967 chunks, 2,226 entities.

Mine runs off 200MB... with 25 players online...

What are you guys running on your servers? O_O

I'm wondering if I'm having a similar problem (after playing for a while I get severe lag at roughly 30-second intervals... I'm guessing due to low RAM), but maybe I don't know enough about Java. In-game, it says it's allocated 2GB to Hexxit and only currently using something between 35-40% of that allocation. BUT when I look at the javaw.exe process that is how I see Hexxit show up in my Task manager, it says nearly 4GB and that's (I believe) causing the lag and nearly maxing out my system (I have a total of 8 GM, but with a Hexxit server at about 1GB and Win7, it's at around 3.7GB before I launch Hexxit.

Is that normal for the process to not reflect what I'm seeing in-game? I've been running a Tekkit server and playing on the same system for months with no troubles...

EDIT: it's now gone beyond 4GB; I just exited the game because it was getting near 5GB dedicated to it and I figured it'd crash soon... and while I'm sitting here on the forum it has increased to nearly 5.5GB (I logged out but didn't close down). So two more questions: (1) is it normal for it to maintain all that memory when it's just at the main menu?, and (2) why would it be increasing if I'm not in-game?

I'm having very similar issues to yours. I have only 4GB RAM and when it gets maxed out, I get huge lag spikes between 15-30s. The odd thing is, I've played FTB Ultimate with all the same graphical settings and have not had this issue even though FTB has almost twice the amount of mods. On another note, I only seem to get these lag spikes in Hexxit when loading up new terrain or recently loaded terrain.