Server troubles.

roguetide

Hi all, I hope this is the right place for this.

I have been running a Tekkit server locally (only for a friend and I) for a few weeks and it has been largely successful. Lately, I've had Tekkit interest from a few other gamer pals and they now want to join too. After a bit of thought, we decided to go ahead and rent a low slot server for a few months and play around there, seeing as it would be more permanent and backup regularly etc etc.

I rented a server, got MCMyAdmin up and running and installed the newest version of Tekkit on the server. MyAdmin told me that the server had started, I checked the console and indeed it was all fine and showing as 'Done'

However, now when my friends or I try to join, we're told that Forge Mod Loader cannot connect and gives me a list of the Tekkit modpacks.

Things I've tried:

• Copying over a fresh server install that works locally (and is connectable by our clients)
  • Choosing various builds both client side and server side from the list, both beta and recommended throw up the same error.
  • Updating the minecraft_server.jar to 1.6.2.
  • Clean installed Minecraft and Tekkit on my PC, ensuring that appdata folder is cleared.
  • Clean installed Tekkit 1.1.8 on the server. This is the same version that I'm using as a localhost server too.
  • Drinking heavily.

Any help is much appreciated guys, it seems like a strange one to me, but it may be very simple to you!

Cheers,

MOD EDIT: Please don't sign your posts.

Things I've tried:

• Copying over a fresh server install that works locally (and is connectable by our clients)
  • Choosing various builds both client side and server side from the list, both beta and recommended throw up the same error.
  • Clean installed Minecraft and Tekkit on my PC, ensuring that appdata folder is cleared.
  • Clean installed Tekkit 1.1.8 on the server. This is the same version that I'm using as a localhost server too.
  • Drinking heavily.

Don't do this...

Make sure the server information is set correctly in the server config file and mcmyadmin. IE: server is not set to start on localhost

Not sure if screenshots are allowed or not but when do you get this error? "Forge Mod Loader cannot connect"