Trouble connecting to minecraft.net

ic3cr34m

Hey guys.

I have a bit of a problem.

In order to launch and download packs, you need to log in with your minecraft account.

Well at my school, it blocks minecraft.net

So It says cannot authenticate account on minecraft.net.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can log in to the technic launcher at my school?

You could tunnel the traffic via a proxy for example. It's most likely not worth the trouble, and your school probably has set up its restrictions for a reason. There is a bit tinkering involved but if you really feel that you have to play during school you should look up some free proxy servers and connect to the internet through those. Can't recommend any, because I don't know any, but I'm sure Google can help you with that.

Cheers,

Org

You could tunnel the traffic via a proxy for example. It's most likely not worth the trouble, and your school probably has set up its restrictions for a reason. There is a bit tinkering involved but if you really feel that you have to play during school you should look up some free proxy servers and connect to the internet through those. Can't recommend any, because I don't know any, but I'm sure Google can help you with that.

Cheers,

Org

Hi Org :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I am well aware of using Proxies and VPN's.

I have tried a couple VPN's, such as HotSpot Shield, VPNReactor (Which I had premium for), Cyberghost, OpenVPN...etc.

Unfortunately, all of them have not worked for me yet.

Our school recently updated to windows 7 enterprise from windows XP, and has made a lot of changes involving more blocks.

If you have anymore ideas or recommendations, please feel free to post. As I should mostly know what you're talking about, as I am from HackForums.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Org

Don't sign your posts, please!

your only real option is to try and route through a proxy. if they're blocking VPN access they are probably trying to filter out proxies as well though. if you're asking a question like this, the chances are high that you lack the technical skills to actually get around the firewall they've got in place, even with written instructions. instructions that, without being on your school's network, any of us here would be very hard pressed to provide since we have no idea exactly what your school's IT guys are doing, blocking, and controlling.

basically: play it at home.