Tekkit Crashing when in-game.

MrPackTheBack

Question

Title: Tekkit Crashing when in-game.

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 7.0_25

Description of Problem:

Occasionally, when I'm playing my Tekkit Classic, window will just close and show no error message, I log back on and some stuff since my last login it deleted. This can be quite annoying and I have been meaning to report it for quite awhile. I don't know if it may be the texture pack I'm using with is the Sphax normal Minecraft for 1.2.5 and Tekkit Classic patch. But anyway thanks!

Edit: Just to let you know I cut away all the numbers and information just included the system to see if that mattered, if you need the stuff between I'll post the rest.

Error Messages:

None

Error Log:

# JRE version: 7.0_25-b16

# Java VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (23.25-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C  [OpenAL64.dll+0x6220]  alSourcei+0x144

#

# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

#  http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

---------------  S Y S T E M  ---------------

CPU:total 2 (2 cores per cpu, 1 threads per core) family 6 model 42 stepping 7, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, popcnt, tsc, tscinvbit

Memory: 4k page, physical 4075504k(475296k free), swap 8149148k(2977512k free)

vm_info: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (23.25-b01) for windows-amd64 JRE (1.7.0_25-b16), built on Jun 12 2013 16:42:02 by "java_re" with unknown MS VC++:1600

time: Thu Oct 03 16:27:49 2013

elapsed time: 2097 seconds

3 answers to this question

I don't believe that EE2 makes any calls to OpenAL (Considering you can run it without OpenAL), but Matmos REQUIRES it for it to function. And your problem frame is

# Problematic frame:

# C [OpenAL64.dll+0x6220] alSourcei+0x144

which is a source file for OpenAL, being called by MATMos. Glad to see your crashing ceased, but its likely because flying that fast causes MATMOS to be overloaded with altitude and locational changes, since it tracks that all to be able to create realistic sounds.