server lag

Ive been playing on my own server for about 2 months now and i have a lot of stuff running on the world e.g quarrys (4), pipes, automatic stuff... but it now it is lagging a bit on the server but if i put the same world onto single player tekkit it runs at the normal fps. ive allocated 6gb to tekkit server and 1gb to tekkit it seems to work best like that. my specs are:

i5 2500k @4.1ghz

8gb 1600hz ram

gtx560ti msi

asus p8p67-m motherbord

800 whatt power supply

It normaly runs minecraft exilent

I just want to know if i can fix this or somthing...

Thank you!! :)

Sorry for bad wording and grammer i am a bad speller :(

Ive been playing on my own server for about 2 months now and i have a lot of stuff running on the world e.g quarrys (4), pipes, automatic stuff... but it now it is lagging a bit on the server but if i put the same world onto single player tekkit it runs at the normal fps. ive allocated 6gb to tekkit server and 1gb to tekkit it seems to work best like that. my specs are:

i5 2500k @4.1ghz

8gb 1600hz ram

gtx560ti msi

asus p8p67-m motherbord

800 whatt power supply

It normaly runs minecraft exilent

I just want to know if i can fix this or somthing...

Thank you!! :)

Sorry for bad wording and grammer i am a bad speller :(

1600hz RAM is pretty slow, might want to change to 1600Mhz.

Just messing with you man.

Are you sure it's server lag and not client lag? I'm pretty sure with only 1Gb allocated to Tekkit you'd have a hard time client-side (try 1.5-2Gb and drop the server to 4-5 Gb). How many people are you hosting for (if this is a server for just a few friends and yourself then 6Gb is probably overkill)? Also is that 6Gb starting or max?

And, do you lag in specific situations more than others or is your game just jumpy moving around?

I don't think it is client Because I moved the world to the single player Tekkit and it was running fine on 1gb of ram. The server only has at max 2 players on it and its mostly just me on my own working on my stuff. Ive checked for pipe leaks but there are none. yes it lags more in different locations E.G on the other side of my quarry's it does not lag but my house is still in render distance, and in my house were all my automatic-stuff is it lags. also changing the render distance from far and fancy to the lower setting does not make a difference also I am using a 128x128 texture pack but it makes no difference to fps.

I don't now what you mean by "Also is that 6Gb starting or max?" but This is what it says in Tekkit -Xmx6G -Xms2g -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

Thanks for replying :)

sorry for not coming back to you so soon because i live in the UK and it was 1am

Guest fondelaar

check the speed of your internet connection. and try to get the nolagg plugin. meight help :P

(and saying thar your from the us and it was 1 am doesnt help at all, america has more then 1 timezones....)