I can't launch tekkit classic

Cryptex101

Question

Title: I can't launch tekkit classic

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: Recent

Description of Problem:

Everytime I try to launch my tekkit classic it won't launch and I keep getting an error message. My other mod packs work expect for my tekkit classic!

Error Messages:

When I click 'launch' it keeps saying "Could not find the main class: net.technicpack.legacywrapper.Launch. Program will exit"

Error Log:

I tried changing the build, won't work. My friend who it worked for yesterday isn't answering me if it works for him, but i'll be sure to update you guys on the situation. and scurvy, please don't complain about this post not being very helpful.

I have this exact same problem as well, but I suspect that it might be a launcher problem rather than a Tekkit Classic problem, since it seems to happen for all of my Technic addon packs. If that's the case for you as well, per the sticky in this forum, you may want to post about this in the launcher bugs forum rather than here.

Either way, someone let me know if there's a solution for this!

Well, I fixed it for myself. I think the problem was that I had several versions of Java installed at the same time. I went into Programs and Features in the Control Panel, removed all Java versions, rebooted, reinstalled the latest version of Java, then reinstalled the Technic launcher. It seems to be working now.

and chefsbrian mutiple people on this post have stated there os version java version and the error they receive and or the crash report

I'll make sure that the definition of "Multiple" is redefined to mean "None" because absolutely nobody here, opening poster included, posted a java version number and a OS number. The closest we have is "Java: Recent". I think you might be reading the wrong thread.