I have a legit problem with Atomic Science.

CKEternalFlame

I don't like the fact that you take damage from radiation if holding any kind of uranium. Assuming its Uranium-238, the radioisotope used in nuclear fission, it only gives off Alpha particles which can be simply blocked by cloth or even paper. Only extended periods of time will cause any kind of radiation poisoning. I think you should be able to hold uranium for a good long while before the radiation poisoning buff takes effect.

Its not the technic teams fault, so don't post it on the Voltz discussion. Calclavia is the mod author. If you dislike it, you can always make your own UE mod with nuclear reactors and uranium and such, and maybe it will get in a future version of voltz. Besides, if it didn't poison you right away, it would make doing the advanced nuclear stuff too easy. Plus, its only minecraft, and in case you didn't notice, minecraft usually just blatantly disregards the laws of physics in everything.

I would have, if he had a forum or contact. With balancing, Uranium decays into Thorium, which is relatively useless, compared to Uranium. If I could have a contact or forum address, that would be very helpful. Let me be clear though, it's not a complaint, it's constructive criticism, because Calclavia was obviously going for realism.

I would have, if he had a forum or contact. With balancing, Uranium decays into Thorium, which is relatively useless, compared to Uranium. If I could have a contact or forum address, that would be very helpful. Let me be clear though, it's not a complaint, it's constructive criticism, because Calclavia was obviously going for realism.

Either way, we're not supposed to criticize the mod authors decisions on the technic forums. Take it up with Calclavia instead of just complaining about it on the forums.

I don't like the fact that you take damage from radiation if holding any kind of uranium. Assuming its Uranium-238, the radioisotope used in nuclear fission, it only gives off Alpha particles which can be simply blocked by cloth or even paper. Only extended periods of time will cause any kind of radiation poisoning. I think you should be able to hold uranium for a good long while before the radiation poisoning buff takes effect.

So if it only emitted alpha particles, you would still need a mask and gloves.

But considering that it is in a state of decay, and the 2 products of that decay emit beta radiation, slightly thicker protection is also needed.

Also, its U-235 used in nuclear fission, U-238 is breeding uranium, just like it is in the mod.