java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

Sushix

Question

Launcher Version: 293

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Version 7 Update 45

Antivirus Program: N/A

Description of Problem:

When trying to run my modpack, It's A Beautiful World, it downloads the pack for a couple seconds then stops and nothing happens. It was working earlier this morning, I deleted the pack and redownloaded and it was all fine. Went out for the day, came home in the afternoon and did the same test but now it wont download the pack. I get "error in opening zip file" in the Technic Launcher console. This is happening to everyone trying to download my modpack, if it means anything it was released only a few days ago and is gaining a lot of traffic. Nearly 3000 downloads already. I really need a fix asap before people stop having interest in the pack.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

Valid: 

Starting download of http://download1254.mediafire.com/z2d5a17ajnsg/xx6qa3jm1sr5ejy/It%5C%27s+A+Beautiful+World+4.zip, with 3 tries remaining

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

at net.technicpack.launchercore.util.ZipUtils.unzipFile(ZipUtils.java:134)

at net.technicpack.launchercore.util.ZipUtils.unzipFile(ZipUtils.java:114)

at net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installMod(ModpackInstaller.java:132)

at net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installModpack(ModpackInstaller.java:117)

at net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installPack(ModpackInstaller.java:75)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.InstallThread.run(InstallThread.java:50)

4 answers to this question

To anyone reading this with the same issues, the problem seemed to be the host. I changed from Mediafire to Ubuntu One, then I deleted the modpack's empty folders and tried again. Fixed it.

I have the same issue, I would really like help too. Am fairly sure it is to do with the user, so dont worry, your modpack is losing intrest in the public's eye on it's own. However I would like some help, I have temporarily disabled my AV and uninstalled and reinstalled and it shows the same error.