All packs work except tekkit classic

Giertz

Question

Title: All packs work except tekkit classic

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: Java for mac OS X 10.6 Update 17

Description of Problem:

All the other packs work in technic launcher except for tekkit classic. Ive updated java and tried different builds when starting tekkit, but when i click launch the litte update bar says 0% and then nothing happends.

This is what the log says when i try to start.

Any help would be appreciated

Error Messages:

Error Log:

Valid: 

Running /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xdock:name=Tekkit Classic -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.library.path=/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/modpacks/tekkit/bin/natives -Dminecraft.applet.TargetDirectory=/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/modpacks/tekkit -cp /Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/net/technicpack/legacywrapper/1.0-SNAPSHOT/legacywrapper-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/net/sf/jopt-simple/jopt-simple/4.5/jopt-simple-4.5.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/org/ow2/asm/asm-all/4.1/asm-all-4.1.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/net/java/jinput/jinput/2.0.5/jinput-2.0.5.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/net/java/jutils/jutils/1.0.0/jutils-1.0.0.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/org/lwjgl/lwjgl/lwjgl/2.9.0/lwjgl-2.9.0.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/cache/org/lwjgl/lwjgl/lwjgl_util/2.9.0/lwjgl_util-2.9.0.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/modpacks/tekkit/bin/modpack.jar:/Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/modpacks/tekkit/bin/minecraft.jar net.technicpack.legacywrapper.Launch MadGiertz token:f452f4b9d26141cebd12a2dbcb1ad8d6:5e3c36cf478c478894e94dcf849ea89d --gameDir /Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/modpacks/tekkit --assetsDir /Users/Giertz/Library/Application Support/technic/assets

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/technicpack/legacywrapper/Launch : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

13 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem. So annoying! But I think this is a launcher bug not a tekkit classic bug, and you might have seen the post about not mixing the two up. You may want to consider relocating this to the launcher bugs section so it gets more attention and you don't risk a ban?

Personally I am dying to see the issue solved. (I'd just like to say that this only happened to me after I messed about trying to create a server. When it didn't work I gave up and for some reason reinstalled the launcher. Not sure if it's related?)

Last time I saw an unsupported major.minor error, it was because someone's Java was outdated. Upgrade to Java 7, Classic contains at least one mod which requires it, I can't remember which.

Like I said, one of the mods is incompatible with Java 6. I think the incompatibility was fixed in later versions, but Classic doesn't have access to them. Either that, or the mod was removed.