Decompiling Tekkit Mods

ApplePieRocks

Ok so I'm just going to put as much information as I can. First of all I've been trying to fix the ignition,zero and arcana ring on tekkit to make them dysfunctional. So I found the class file for them all and can get them to decompile. My friend is a little bit of a coder and was looking at it. So my question is how do you find the variables set in the code, or how do you get the mods for tekkit to decompile. Sorry if this is a stupid question I know nothing about coding and really need help.

Will this not work for you?

EE2 in Tekkit Classic probably depends on the tekkit.jar in the server files. Hopefully you should be able to decompile it with JD-GUI, extract the source and edit it in Eclipse. If you want to stop the items from working, I'd guess that all you need to do is make any methods in EE2 that override onInteract or something like that return immediately, or delete it altogether.

Will this not work for you?

EE2 in Tekkit Classic probably depends on the tekkit.jar in the server files. Hopefully you should be able to decompile it with JD-GUI, extract the source and edit it in Eclipse. If you want to stop the items from working, I'd guess that all you need to do is make any methods in EE2 that override onInteract or something like that return immediately, or delete it altogether.

Could you help me further more with this. It kind of is just me working on this now and I have no experience what so ever. I decompiled the Tekkit,jar and that's about how far I got. I have Eclipse ready to use also.

Decompile the EE2 jar from the Tekkit server files and look for item interact methods you wish to disable. To get it to compile again, you'll need to add the Tekkit jarfile to the classpath. There's a chance that method names in EE2 will be obfuscated, in which case pasting the code from something harmless over the whole class might make sense.

Decompile the EE2 jar from the Tekkit server files and look for item interact methods you wish to disable. To get it to compile again, you'll need to add the Tekkit jarfile to the classpath. There's a chance that method names in EE2 will be obfuscated, in which case pasting the code from something harmless over the whole class might make sense.

Ok sorry but I'm pretty stupid but what exactly am I looking for when I open the tekkit.jar there are quite a few options. Is it under the forge section?

When Eclipse starts up, it mentions a file path as the workspace directory. Navigate to that path and go to the project folder you want to use, then open the folder named "src" in there. Copy all the decompiled files into there.

Ok found out I had wrong folder but I got it. Could you also help with this? I want to completely disable the ignition and zero ring, and make arcana ring only allow you to fly. What do I have to do to get this done? Is there a certain spot I can just delete without it blowing up the whole mod?

Delete the whole ignition and zero ring classes. Fields whose assignment contains a reference to the zero or ignition ring should be completely deleted, and registering recipes involving them should go too. The ring of arcana? I wouldn't know exactly how that's set up.

I would comment out the relevant parts of the Arcana code. Not whole functions, of course, but just enough for them to return nothing or a neutral value. That way, you can trim a little, test it, and trim a little more without worrying about if you irrevocably deleted a vital part of the code that would've crashed the game without it.